Author Topic: The Abs Diet  (Read 14495 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: The Abs Diet
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »
I like more of a drastic result... I don't get on the scale or measure except for three or four times a year!   ;D

From my perspective, weighing in (or measuring) every week is one of the things that can set folks up for failure in a fitness plan... Let's say for example, you had too much water and you were a little bloated.  You measure and whoa... you're the same or bigger than last week's measure.  For a lot of people, that would be enough to call it quits!  If you wait say a month or so between measures, you'll definitely see results and they'll be drastic enough to make you go "WOW!  This is really working!!"

Yeah, this is true.  This was my problem in the past.  Every person is different, but I would agree that the longer you can wait to weigh in the better off you are if you want to show drastic progress.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 12:27:21 PM »
Hell....I whip out the tape measure and jump on the scale after every beer.  :-[

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 03:33:21 PM »

I like more of a drastic result... I don't get on the scale or measure except for three or four times a year!   ;D

From my perspective, weighing in (or measuring) every week is one of the things that can set folks up for failure in a fitness plan... Let's say for example, you had too much water and you were a little bloated.  You measure and whoa... you're the same or bigger than last week's measure.  For a lot of people, that would be enough to call it quits!  If you wait say a month or so between measures, you'll definitely see results and they'll be drastic enough to make you go "WOW!  This is really working!!"

I also gave up on the scale a while back.  I really should get on it again but can't bring myself to do it.   I've been working out 5 days a week -- 3 of those with a trainer -- and doing a lot of weight lifting.  I've built up a lot of muscle and when my measurements are taken periodically, I can see where I've built up my chest, arms, legs and lost a good amount of body fat,  and I'm also wearing a smaller pants size, but it just wasn't reflected on the scale.  I finally gave up because even though I knew I was making strides, it is still hard to half kill yourself working out in the gym all week only to get on the scale and find that the number has stayed the same -- or worse, gone up.  Muscle weighs more than fat, but psychologically, not seeing that number go down as much as I thought it should was a real motivation killer.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 03:38:05 PM »
I hear ya!  The last two weeks my weight has stayed the same, though my pants are more loose and I've measured to find that I've lost inches.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »
Hell....I whip out the tape measure and jump on the scale after every beer.  :-[

I SAID......."Hell....I whip out the tape measure and jump on the scale after every beer.  :-["

Don't ignore me, man....gimme an LOL or something  :D ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »

I SAID......."Hell....I whip out the tape measure and jump on the scale after every beer.  :-["

:-\

Just kidding Rob!! That was pretty funny!   ::)

BaldRob

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

Feeling a little needy these days Rob?  Not feeling the love?   ;D :P ;D

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »

Feeling a little needy these days Rob?  Not feeling the love?   ;D :P ;D

I need....I need :'(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 07:20:10 AM by Robmeister »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 05:38:04 PM »
enjoy the break rob. they don't come that often.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 07:28:08 AM »
enjoy the break rob. they don't come that often.

I went on this one posting site a while back that had pretty much the same format as this one as far as ability to quote in the boxes and such.  But it was a post site on rock music

I had a question about something....so I intro'd myself and asked the question, and they kept posting past me....no welcome....no answer to my question.

So I quoted myself and posted again....NOTHING....everyone just posted past me (about 3 people).  I'm thinking, "are my postings even showing up?"....I could see them.....posted again....NOTHING.   Finally someone acknowledged my postings...grunted something.

Proves that this SBG site is a COOOOOOL place. 8)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:50:56 AM by Robmeister »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
has anyone seen robmiester in the last couple days. he shaved and then disappeared. lmfao j/k bro. nobody ignores you.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 10:51:35 AM »
nobody ignores you.

**sniff**  Bless you  **sniff**

BaldRob

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:05 AM »
i think rob skipped school on the day that sensitivity training was covered. but you are funny.

BaldRob

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 11:32:07 AM »
i think rob skipped school on the day that sensitivity training was covered. but you are funny.

Sensitivity training???  What's that????????