Author Topic: Head moles  (Read 30780 times)

Offline Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Sly Jr.
Head moles
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
I have a couple of moles on my head, and sometimes in my attempt to get the closest shave possible I accidentally shave the tops off of them. Doesn't hurt too bad except when rinsing, but the head does love to bleed. :( Does anyone else have this problem?

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Re: Head moles
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »
YES!

Brother go have them checked out by a dermotoligsit. He'll probably freeze them off with nitrogen. The you'll be as smooth as a baby's.....

Until then you'll keep opening up a wound on your noggin.
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:14:42 PM »
steve:  i had one mole checked out by my dermatologist last summer.  thankfully it was non-cancerous & he "removed" it in the office.  i say get that mole checked asap. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

GASlick

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 12:13:13 AM »
I HAD one I didn't know about the first time I shaved my head.  Notice I said  "had".  OUCH!

No need to go to the dermatologist then.  Lol

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 01:08:13 AM »
I'm not clear on the definition of "mole", because I always called any dark circular spot a mole. I have what I always called a mole on my head, but it is not protruding. I did get my first cut in a while though...got a couple pimples of all things on my head. lol They are close to each other and I shaved one off. Yowzas.

Offline Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait 'till I can afford a dermatologist out-of-pocket, though. I'm 19 and no longer covered by my parents' medical insurance, and I don't get any through my current job. :(
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"

marty22

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 12:01:46 PM »
as soon as u can, do it. at your age I wouldnt worry--another 10 years and it may be more serious.

Offline nicolasraage

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »
as everyone said, have a dermatologist check it out.

However, they usually only want to cut moles out, (charging over 100 per mole) so they can send them in for testing to cover their backs.

Once you are sure it is not a dangerous mole, you can go to a salon that can remove them.

I went to a place that charged about 20 dollars a mole to remove them with some sort of electronic burning.  (I had about 40 removed from my back, it looked like i was splattered with a paint brush)  That was done a few years ago, and only 2 or 3 have started to come back, which is normal.  Both flat, and bumpy moles can be removed like that.

I've never had the freezing done, but I hear that works also.

Makes sure you keep plenty of sunscreen over the removed area for a year, as it is basically sensitive scar tissue, and can burn and cause problems later if you do not.