Author Topic: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?  (Read 103169 times)

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
Re: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »
Just checked out those Fusion blades Medicineman, I have to shave daily too.  Are the Fusions really worth the cost?  Been using Sensor Excel and get a good smooth shave if I apply pressure, otherwise seems to be stubble by evening.  Would be great to have something that keeps it smooth longer. 
They are expensive but I believe they are worth it.  Everyone's hair grows at different rates though.  If I shave in the morning, I won't have stubble until late into the evening.  The Fusion is nice because I get the closest shave with it, I have never cut myself shaving with it, the blades last longer than any other cartdrigde razor I have used.   So yes, for me they are worth it.

Offline Brad

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2007, 03:05:46 AM »
I shave Daily.  I can not stand the Velcro feel on the top of my head.  I too am one who loves the feel of my sly head.  If I am going out and have time after work I'll shave again. 

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2007, 09:33:18 AM »
I can not stand the Velcro feel on the top of my head. 

HERE, HERE!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »
I can not stand the Velcro feel on the top of my head. 

HERE, HERE!!

Ditto:  When I first started it was every 3-4 days.  Now I don't like even that sandpaper feeling of later in the day.  I shave every morning and again at night if I am going out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:50:18 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline baldhog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »
Shave every morning before work and if I have a hot date, shave again that evening before going out.  The ladie's love the smoothness.  If you use a fresh, un-dull razor you can get away with it.  I heard a rumor that the patron saint of sly, Telly Savalas, used to shave up to five times per day to keep the look clean...

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »
I heard a rumor that the patron saint of sly, Telly Savalas, used to shave up to five times per day to keep the look clean...

:o :o

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2007, 09:32:08 PM »
Just checked out those Fusion blades Medicineman, I have to shave daily too.  Are the Fusions really worth the cost?  Been using Sensor Excel and get a good smooth shave if I apply pressure, otherwise seems to be stubble by evening.  Would be great to have something that keeps it smooth longer. 
They are expensive but I believe they are worth it.  Everyone's hair grows at different rates though.  If I shave in the morning, I won't have stubble until late into the evening.  The Fusion is nice because I get the closest shave with it, I have never cut myself shaving with it, the blades last longer than any other cartdrigde razor I have used.   So yes, for me they are worth it.

I have to agree with Ken..... O0

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »
To keep it smooth, I shave it everyday against the grain. I use a mach3 and aveeno shaving gel or I'll use HeadSlick from Headblade (love it's tingly feeling). I may skip shaving on the weekends to give my scalp a break. by shaving everyday, the blades seem to last a little longer and it's less cleanup.

I love being slick bald. After shaving, i love to rub my head and love the way it feels against the leather headrest in my Jeep. So for me it's not just the look and attitude of being Sly...it just feels so damn good too.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »
I love being slick bald. After shaving, i love to rub my head and love the way it feels against the leather headrest in my Jeep. So for me it's not just the look and attitude of being Sly...it just feels so damn good too.

I concur. I LOVE the feel of being slick bald. I can go a couple of days without shaving and I still LOOK bald, but I don't FEEL bald. It actually makes me feel nasty to go without shaving for even a day.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2007, 08:28:01 AM »

I concur. I LOVE the feel of being slick bald. I can go a couple of days without shaving and I still LOOK bald, but I don't FEEL bald. It actually makes me feel nasty to go without shaving for even a day.

I have to agree most heartily with you Cam. More than one day without shaving and I feel like a scrub.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
That is the hardest concept I have to explain to people, about why I shave my head.  I feel grimy when it is not shaved.  The best explanation I had so far way having stubble on the head is like not showering after you played 18 holes of golf on a fall day.  You may not really be dirty, but you just need to clean up anyways. ??? make sense to anybody else?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »
That is the hardest concept I have to explain to people, about why I shave my head.  I feel grimy when it is not shaved.  The best explanation I had so far way having stubble on the head is like not showering after you played 18 holes of golf on a fall day.  You may not really be dirty, but you just need to clean up anyways. ??? make sense to anybody else?

Yeah, I feel ya brother
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »
That is the hardest concept I have to explain to people, about why I shave my head.  I feel grimy when it is not shaved.  The best explanation I had so far way having stubble on the head is like not showering after you played 18 holes of golf on a fall day.  You may not really be dirty, but you just need to clean up anyways. ??? make sense to anybody else?

Yeah, I feel ya brother

I'm in on that, fo sho!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »

Yeah, I feel ya brother

I'm in on that, fo sho!!

I'll second that, it's not the look, it's the sensation.  I have to FEEL slick at all times.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:49:25 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2007, 01:00:47 AM »
I absolutely hate it when I run my hands on it and they get stuck(ie the stubble returns).

I have started shaving when I wake up and then once late at night because I know how fast stubble returns.
bald for life