Author Topic: Sly Bad Ass.Kratos from God of War.  (Read 21932 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Sly Bad Ass.Kratos from God of War.
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »
I dont know if he can be considered a celebrity however he is the toughest video game character ever designed. Those of you who have played the game know what I mean.

Kratos.

BALDANDRE

Re: Sly Bad Ass.Kratos from God of War.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:36:51 PM »
Haven't played it...

but that's one ,SLY kick ass bald dude! O0

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
I dont know if he can be considered a celebrity however he is the toughest video game character ever designed. Those of you who have played the game know what I mean.

Kratos.

Haahaha. Have to agree with you bro. After just having beaten that game on PSP, I can surely say that Kratos is one of the most hardcore Spartans ever..... right under Leonidas.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »
For the uninitiated, this is why Kratos, the Ghost of Sparta, is such a legend:

rickybobby

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 10:34:54 PM »
kratos is a bad ass but what about this dude:

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:02:18 AM »
Both are bada$$ slys. 

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »
haha hell yes, my buddies used to call me Kratos (bald head + beard) although I am no where near the shape he is in haha.  Great games, badass character. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
Word on the street is that well known French/Benin actor Djimon Honsou is going to be portraying Kratos in the upcoming God of War movie.

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »
Word on the street is that well known French/Benin actor Djimon Honsou is going to be portraying Kratos in the upcoming God of War movie.

yeah I heard that too, he's a great actor and if it is true I'm sure he'll do a great job, buuuuuuuuuut, one of the things I hated about God of War (series) is how Kratos has the blackest voice ever, it's so clearly a black mans voice, I don't mean to sound racist, but it just doesnt fit, I mean the deep guttural aspect of it fits very well, but, it just seems off to me.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »

yeah I heard that too, he's a great actor and if it is true I'm sure he'll do a great job, buuuuuuuuuut, one of the things I hated about God of War (series) is how Kratos has the blackest voice ever, it's so clearly a black mans voice, I don't mean to sound racist, but it just doesnt fit, I mean the deep guttural aspect of it fits very well, but, it just seems off to me.

A voice is a voice. I do not see the validity to your statement. Kratos is voiced by a black man Terrence Carson.

How exactly is it off putting?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:32:40 PM by JDog »

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »

A voice is a voice. I do not see the validity to your statement. Kratos is voiced by a black man Terrence Carson.

It just doesn't fit, it seems off to me, I can't explain it really.  He's a great voice actor, but his voice just seems to 'modern' I guess for Kratos.  Phil Lamarr on the other hand is a brilliant black voice actor.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »

Dude, he's right though.  A voice is a voice, true.  But, I can tell if any customer service rep I talk to on the phone is black or not.  Most of us black guys just have 'black sounding voices'.....lol.  Sounds prejudice but it's the truth.

But on the other hand, Big Boss, I don't agree that the voice doesn't fit the character in God of War.  Kratos' voice sounds very "Kratosy" to me....For sure.

Big Boss, already beaten MGS4?  Or no?

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »

Dude, he's right though.  A voice is a voice, true.  But, I can tell if any customer service rep I talk to on the phone is black or not.  Most of us black guys just have 'black sounding voices'.....lol.  Sounds prejudice but it's the truth.

But on the other hand, Big Boss, I don't agree that the voice doesn't fit the character in God of War.  Kratos' voice sounds very "Kratosy" to me....For sure.

It's a great voice, and I do think it fits in a lot of ways, manly the way it's played, the anger and emition, but there's just something about it that doesn't fit, I dunno maybe its just me.  You guys are right a voice is a voice, I didnt' mean to sound racist or anything, it's hard to describe something like this, haha.

haha hell yes man, beat it the day after it came out, hahaha.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 06:12:25 PM »

It's a great voice, and I do think it fits in a lot of ways, manly the way it's played, the anger and emition, but there's just something about it that doesn't fit, I dunno maybe its just me.  You guys are right a voice is a voice, I didnt' mean to sound racist or anything, it's hard to describe something like this, haha.

MGS4 = Greatest game/movie ever made.  This is fact, not opinion.

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »

MGS4 = Greatest game/movie ever made.  This is fact, not opinion.

nah thats an opinion for sure, I'm the biggest Metal Gear fan you'll ever meet, and believe me when I say MGS4 was a let down, and completely ruins the story of the Metal Gear Series.  The gameplay is fantastic aside from somewhat boring boss battle (not including the last one), the sound is incredible, the graphics are awesome, but the story is complete sh*t.

Enter your email address: