Author Topic: Sly Bad Ass.Kratos from God of War.  (Read 21931 times)

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
Re: Sly Bad Ass.Kratos from God of War.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »
is MGS4 available on PS2?

Unfortunately, no.  But in my opinion, it is worth buying a PS3 simply for that game.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »
Word on the street is that well known French/Benin actor Djimon Honsou is going to be portraying Kratos in the upcoming God of War movie.

yeah I heard that too, he's a great actor and if it is true I'm sure he'll do a great job, buuuuuuuuuut, one of the things I hated about God of War (series) is how Kratos has the blackest voice ever, it's so clearly a black mans voice, I don't mean to sound racist, but it just doesnt fit, I mean the deep guttural aspect of it fits very well, but, it just seems off to me.

A voice is a voice. I do not see the validity to your statement. Kratos is voiced by a black man Terrence Carson.

How exactly is it off putting?

Dude, he's right though.  A voice is a voice, true.  But, I can tell if any customer service rep I talk to on the phone is black or not.  Most of us black guys just have 'black sounding voices'.....lol.  Sounds prejudice but it's the truth.

But on the other hand, Big Boss, I don't agree that the voice doesn't fit the character in God of War.  Kratos' voice sounds very "Kratosy" to me....For sure.

Big Boss, already beaten MGS4?  Or no?

It's a great voice, and I do think it fits in a lot of ways, manly the way it's played, the anger and emition, but there's just something about it that doesn't fit, I dunno maybe its just me.  You guys are right a voice is a voice, I didnt' mean to sound racist or anything, it's hard to describe something like this, haha.

haha hell yes man, beat it the day after it came out, hahaha.

MGS4 = Greatest game/movie ever made.  This is fact, not opinion.

nah thats an opinion for sure, I'm the biggest Metal Gear fan you'll ever meet, and believe me when I say MGS4 was a let down, and completely ruins the story of the Metal Gear Series.  The gameplay is fantastic aside from somewhat boring boss battle (not including the last one), the sound is incredible, the graphics are awesome, but the story is complete sh*t.

Wait........what?  Would you please elaborate?  I mean, what, did you not like the fact that Vamp TRULY wasn't immortal or something?  What part of the story was possibly fucked up?

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
Word on the street is that well known French/Benin actor Djimon Honsou is going to be portraying Kratos in the upcoming God of War movie.

yeah I heard that too, he's a great actor and if it is true I'm sure he'll do a great job, buuuuuuuuuut, one of the things I hated about God of War (series) is how Kratos has the blackest voice ever, it's so clearly a black mans voice, I don't mean to sound racist, but it just doesnt fit, I mean the deep guttural aspect of it fits very well, but, it just seems off to me.

A voice is a voice. I do not see the validity to your statement. Kratos is voiced by a black man Terrence Carson.

How exactly is it off putting?

Dude, he's right though.  A voice is a voice, true.  But, I can tell if any customer service rep I talk to on the phone is black or not.  Most of us black guys just have 'black sounding voices'.....lol.  Sounds prejudice but it's the truth.

But on the other hand, Big Boss, I don't agree that the voice doesn't fit the character in God of War.  Kratos' voice sounds very "Kratosy" to me....For sure.

Big Boss, already beaten MGS4?  Or no?

It's a great voice, and I do think it fits in a lot of ways, manly the way it's played, the anger and emition, but there's just something about it that doesn't fit, I dunno maybe its just me.  You guys are right a voice is a voice, I didnt' mean to sound racist or anything, it's hard to describe something like this, haha.

haha hell yes man, beat it the day after it came out, hahaha.

MGS4 = Greatest game/movie ever made.  This is fact, not opinion.

nah thats an opinion for sure, I'm the biggest Metal Gear fan you'll ever meet, and believe me when I say MGS4 was a let down, and completely ruins the story of the Metal Gear Series.  The gameplay is fantastic aside from somewhat boring boss battle (not including the last one), the sound is incredible, the graphics are awesome, but the story is complete sh*t.

Wait........what?  Would you please elaborate?  I mean, what, did you not like the fact that Vamp TRULY wasn't immortal or something?  What part of the story was possibly f**ked up?

the whole story was one giant fanservice, just one giant fan wank.  Kojima did what he could I guess.  Its hard to really explaine it fully, as there are a lot of things to say.  One major thing is how many retcons there was, big boss coming back was a massive one, I hate how they just squeezed in nanomachines as much as they could to nearly answer everything, nanomachines for answers are fine, and the Vamp thing is fine but they use it for nearly EVERYTHING.  Johnny and Meryl getting together?  Completely retarded, in the course of literally less than a weeks time, meryl goes from practically hating johnny to marrying him.  There are tons of other things, but it's kind of getting off topic, if you wanna discuss this further feel free to im me on aim anytime, my screen name is dickmotorman.  These two pictures kind of show how I feel about the game, although they're both meant to be somewhat satirical, they both speak some truth...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9592/3gamesxm9.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/fuckingfuckfucker/mgl.jpg

EDIT its hard to see first one on this sit for some reason and the second one wont show up due to the swears in the url, just fill in the blacks with the second one when you check it out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:13:53 PM by Big Boss »

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »
Completely retarded, in the course of literally less than a weeks time, meryl goes from practically hating johnny to marrying him. 

Dude dude, that's the nature of women period.  They are not logical creatures.  Akiba saves Meryl's life, all the while looking like he just stepped out of a model shoot, therefore, Meryl wants his cock.  Makes sense to me.......

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »
PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL THE GAME GUYS. I havent played it yet lol

lol...Understood.  I'll add Big Boss to my AIM tomm at work and argue with him the whole day....This should be fun...

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »

lol...Understood.  I'll add Big Boss to my AIM tomm at work and argue with him the whole day....This should be fun...

oh god if you're just gonna use this as incentive to flame than f**k it.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 05:11:19 AM »

Dude, arguing does not mean flaming. No, arguing ( IMO), means a logical debate of ideas in a respectful way. Dont worry about it bro.

Offline Big Boss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »

Dude, arguing does not mean flaming. No, arguing ( IMO), means a logical debate of ideas in a respectful way. Dont worry about it bro.

haha alrighty then