Author Topic: It doesn't make sense, but its our policy...  (Read 4501 times)

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
It doesn't make sense, but its our policy...
« on: February 08, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »
In my job, I get to go into all sorts of places.  Today, I went to the factory of a major manufacturer of "beauty products", mostly shampoos and conditioners.  I always comply with our clients' safety regulations, but would you believe, they required me to wear a hair net??? :/O

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: It doesn't make sense, but its our policy...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 05:17:33 PM »
Makes total sense to me... NOT.  It's a simple by product of the Nothing Is Black or White world we live in.  You are not allowed to use common sense logic (no hair, no hair net)... everything has to be laid out in a rules book, and don't you dare stray from it.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »
It seems to follow the same logic my company uses... we are required to wear a hard hat even when there is nothing over head but sky.  Hey, it COULD fall on our heads!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »
In my job, I get to go into all sorts of places.  Today, I went to the factory of a major manufacturer of "beauty products", mostly shampoos and conditioners.  I always comply with our clients' safety regulations, but would you believe, they required me to wear a hair net??? :/O
:/O :/O :/O :/O :/O :/O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:45:57 PM »
Common sense is anything but common.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:35:59 PM »
LOL!  That reminds me of when I went into surgery with my wife for her c-section.  They gave me a cap to wear.  I asked, "What's this for?"  The lady quickly said, so you don't shed any hair and contaminate the sterile area.  Then she looked at me and my head with a grin and said, "Yes, you still have to wear it if you want to see your baby being born."
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »
we are required to wear a hard hat even when there is nothing over head but sky.  Hey, it COULD fall on our heads!  :*))

So what's it feel like to work for Chicken Little?? :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
1.You must wear a hardhat on site even though there is nothing that you work above so therefore no risk whatsoever to be hit in the head.

2. You must wear a hairnet even though you have no hair on your head?!

We can thank the PC brigade for these assanine rules and regulations

Offline jmcmana

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 11:25:48 PM »
I'm always afraid to use assanine in a sentence cause I never know how to spell it and don't want to sound assanine, I hope you're right
"Get your shine on"

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »
WELL... its not a COMPANY policy, BUT... about 10 years ago either colorado or california had a inmate on death row that was to be executed but was dying of cancer , The inmate was declared "to ill to have sentence carried out" because to do so would be "CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT"  SO... the state spent almost a million $ to get this inmate healthy enough to execute !  :/O
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 12:32:45 AM »
WELL... its not a COMPANY policy, BUT... about 10 years ago either colorado or california had a inmate on death row that was to be executed but was dying of cancer , The inmate was declared "to ill to have sentence carried out" because to do so would be "CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT"  SO... the state spent almost a million $ to get this inmate healthy enough to execute !  :/O
... AND THE INSANITY GOES ON.  There is a court challenge in some state that the injection itself (for lethal injections) is a cruel and unusual punishment, and therefore, the execution shouldn't take place.  Why don't you ask your victim whom you bludgeoned to death if he thought his murder was cruel and unusual punishment?   :/O
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 12:37:32 AM »
It is refreshing to know that the health and well being of murderers and rapists are taken into account after the fact that the victims of their hideous crimes are either in the ground or emotionally destroyed.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 07:31:09 PM »
if you don't have hair on your head, what exactly is it that you shave everyday?

roots and stubble can still fall out.

As far as the hardhat, there is such a thing as side impacts too.

You may think these are silly rules, but there is a reason why they are in place (meaning the accident happened to someone in the past)

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 10:44:27 PM »
if you don't have hair on your head, what exactly is it that you shave everyday?

roots and stubble can still fall out.

Hey, Jay,

I was wondering how long it would take before someone finally pointed out the reason behind it.  It really is to protect the product from contamination, and not to protect the person...

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 06:00:03 AM »
Sorry Jay, but I dont buy that.

Are you telling me that a bald man wearing a hair net is going to prevent contamination?

Not a chance

Enter your email address: