Author Topic: Shave Secret - The best shave you can get from Wal-Mart (ssshhh, don't tell)  (Read 59276 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
OK, I picked up a bottle at Wal Mart today.  Just got out of the shower; here's my $0.02.

I friggin' LOVE this stuff!

I planned to use it under some cream, but decided to try it alone, per the instructions.  Using 9 drops and a new Schick Quatro 4 blade I proceeded to shave.

Incredible!  No more cream; this is my new oil! 

Thanks for this thread and the recommendations!

O0

Congrats, Stoots! It is nice to have whether alone, or combined with your favorite gel/cream/shaving soap.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bigdawg078

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Shave Secret - The best shave you can get from Wal-Mart (ssshhh, don't tell)
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2012, 04:16:30 AM »
This stuff is really good but I don't recommend using it alone like the bottle says.  Didn't work very well alone for me.

10-12 drops is what I use and then I apply shaving cream over the top of it.

Much smoother shave with this product but keep it away from the eyes, it can irritate them

Slynito

Re: Shave Secret - The best shave you can get from Wal-Mart (ssshhh, don't tell)
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2012, 04:23:26 AM »
It is good stuff, but in a pinch you can use most any light oil. One member uses coconut oil. I tried it and liked it, but I was hungry all day. Good luck!

O0

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2012, 06:48:34 AM »
This stuff is really good but I don't recommend using it alone like the bottle says.  Didn't work very well alone for me.

10-12 drops is what I use and then I apply shaving cream over the top of it.

Much smoother shave with this product but keep it away from the eyes, it can irritate them

I only use it on my face. (Only because I'm happy with my HB products on my head and had issues with my face shave I wanted to try to get over)

I found it worked for me both alone or under my shave cream.  I do prefer using it then the shave cream over top (I use 4 drops)
I also use 2 drops after I finish shaving instead of an after shave. I find this helps with some irritation I get on my chin/neck area.

Offline unixchf

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
Shave secret really isn't a secret.  I have used it many times over the past 15 years.  It is awesome when you don't have all your stuff with you on a trip and you don't want to spend a fortune on supplies.  I did not care for it as a daily use item, but like I said in my travels it really helps.
Don't Panic!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Just ordered some of this. Best to use on own or apply first then apply shave gel/cream/soap?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Just ordered some of this. Best to use on own or apply first then apply shave gel/cream/soap?
Either way--I've peeled the peach with just SS--but personally I like it cover with Headslick, applied with a brush.  A great travel accessory--it doesn't take any serious room in the one quart bag for TSA inspection and the bottle has never leaked. 

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
wow wow wow, awesome stuff. Just ordered another 12 lots. It's just what I needed.