Author Topic: Pizza!!!  (Read 27380 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Pizza!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »
GSGUK a fussy eater? Really? I'd have never known that from your food-related posts! ;)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »
In case you hadnt noticed, I'm quite a fussy eater.

I'm not.

And I have the jean size to prove it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2011, 05:21:46 PM »
I like the taste of pineapple but I cant eat pineapple because its like chewing string, so if someone could invent a pepperoni and pineapple juice pizza, I'd be very happy. I cant eat celery or rhubarb for the same reason.

In case you hadnt noticed, I'm quite a fussy eater.

I thought I was the world's fussiest eater until you came along.

Slynito

« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
You can't be to fussy and survive by eating British foods.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:06 AM »
I mostly like Fresco Pizza
I order it from "your friends- Coca Cola" like daily.
I bought a Greco Pizza today, but it sucks big time.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2011, 04:57:30 AM »
Well if you saw what my diet consists of, you'd be surprised, even knowing how fussy I am.

I basically live on bread (which I make myself because bread here is like eating candy floss (cotton candy)), cheese, salad, corn on the cob, potatoes, onions, carrots, and pasta.

I eat beef and chicken once in a very blue moon, but I dont eat fish, lamb, pork, or any other animal/meat. I can maybe handle bacon once in a while (which I know is pork!) but thats very rare too.

Drinks wise, I'm a diet coke kind of guy. I dont do tea and I dont do coffee. I do do whisky, wine, vodka and beer though :) although not in the same glass.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:57 AM »
I am a very experienced British food expert (LMAO) as I have had a club sandwich and a coke at Heathrow airport once while I was between flights and I thought that it was delicious although they made it with hard boiled egg which was different.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
I dont eat eggs, but arent American club sandwiches made with hard boiled eggs too?

In any case, you buy a sandwich in the UK, and its two slices of bread and you need a microscope to see the filling. A few years ago, in the 80s, Selfridges (department store) opened a little restaurant in their food hall, and the sign above the door said 'OVERSTUFFED AMERICAN SANDWICHES', and my mother actually complained to the restaurant manager, because it was literally two slices of (cheap) bread and one slice of pastrami and a slice of dill pickle.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »

A few years ago, in the 80s ....

???

You need more (or some) protein in your diet.     :)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
I dont eat eggs, but arent American club sandwiches made with hard boiled eggs too?

No they are not but you can request them if you like.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »
Had lunch in Harrods a few years ago (first floor lunch counter) with a  glass of wine  - -two great big meat sandwiches, chips and whatever  - - - -and it was only $60.00  - - -How can you go wrong?????   (there were two of us)  - -So it depends where you eat and how much you want to spend  - - -

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:45:24 AM by mangosink12572 »

Slynito

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2011, 11:57:44 AM »
Had lunch in Harrods a few years ago (first floor lunch counter) with a  glass of wine  - -two great big meat sandwiches, chips and whatever  - - - -and it was only $60.00  - - -How can you go wrong?????   (there were two of us)  - -So it depends where you eat and how much you want to spend  - - -

Such a deal!!!  8)

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »
Harrods has one purpose in life. To screw as much money out of American and Japanese tourists as possible, and they've turned it into an art form, far more so than any other company. I have no idea what people see in the place. Its filled with overpriced crap that not a single person on the planet could ever possibly want, and that includes a $60 sandwich bill.

I cant bear the thought of tourists coming to the UK and thinking 'OMG OMG OMG we absolutely MUST go to Harrods because its just so quaint and Lady Di used to go there all the time!!!!!'.

Its a department store stocked with crap. More crap than any other department store, and they're all stocked with crap. And its such horribly overpriced crap.

But if ever anyone wants to see 50000000 American tourists buying chocolate covered quail eggs filled with duck liver pate, all wearing plaid trousers and beige raincoats made by London Fog (because obviously, everyone in the UK wears a raincoat  ::) and because obviously, its always foggy in London  ::)), then Harrods is the place to go.

My father used to work for Harrods.

Slynito

« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
Down South we call them, "Yankee Traps".   :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2011, 12:31:14 PM »
Yup, thats what it is, along with Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussauds and several other places. Harrods now opens its Christmas decorations department in July so that Marge and Herbert Egelberger from Des Moines can buy themselves a nice $400 bauble to put on their Christmas tree in December, when they visit London, England on their once-in-a-lifetime summer vacation.

(and why is it always London England, and not just London? I know there's a London in Canada and a London in Kentucky, but even if most Americans are talking about Khartoum or Ras al Khaimah, its never JUST Khartoum or Ras al Khaimah, its Khartoum Sudan and Ras al Khaimah United Arab Emirates. What, like there's a Ras al Khaimah in Utah too?)

When I go to America, I'm very happy to buy myself a pair of $5 socks when I'm in Macys, and because I have a UK passport, I get a further 11% off :D Or even better, the same socks in Walmart for $2.98 without an 11% discount :D