Author Topic: Where are you guys from?  (Read 55283 times)

theman

Re: Where are you guys from?
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
In what way is it a joke? Is it known like surströmming (bad tasting or smelling?).  Only some people in Sweden eat lutfisk, often at Christmas eve they do it out of tradition. Well, I do it too!  O0
But as you said, I think you have to appreciate natural flavors in order to like it. A pizza is way more easy to eat to some people.

Well this will give you an idea--they spell it Norge style--lutefisk.

And there's loads more--but I like it too, it just a reminder of Christmas at home.  

Now surströmming that's really strong--and it's rare these days.  I've had it, but I don't even know if you can buy it outside of Minnesota, and I'm not sure they even have it.
Bro. I can buy it at our Safeway , here in the hills ya sure.   ;)  Got my ole cotton pillow case to boil it in.  Ya Bet Ya , Good Stuff. 

Offline darre

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »
God dag Darre!
Sweden is a great country, made a canoe tour close to Älmhult / Möckeln couple of years ago.

God dag / Good day Ben!
Never been to Älmhult, but I'm sure it's a great place! Probalby in the south of Sweden.

Offline darre

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »

And there's loads more--but I like it too, it just a reminder of Christmas at home.  

Now surströmming that's really strong--and it's rare these days.  I've had it, but I don't even know if you can buy it outside of Minnesota, and I'm not sure they even have it.

Haha, I laughed at the "lutefisk"-song :) But I still have no idea of what it is! Well something Norwegian at least...

I'ts strong and rare (literally). I'm not a big fan, but i do like it the right way :)

theman

« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:53 PM »

Haha, I laughed at the "lutefisk"-song :) But I still have no idea of what it is! Well something Norwegian at least...

I'ts strong and rare (literally). I'm not a big fan, but i do like it the right way :)
Ya sure , tuk scal due ha !  Means thank you very much LOL !  I am the only one who likes lutefisk, ( which is cod with alot of salt )  But I like it !

Yes indeed , and might I say your looking mighty fine.   ;)  Keep er up !  My brother .

Offline ZachM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
Originally from Western Maryland but stationed and living in Fort Campbell, KY right now.  Actually most of the post is located in Tennessee but it's still considered Kentucky.  

Offline darre

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »
Ya sure , tuk scal due ha !  Means thank you very much LOL !  I am the only one who likes lutefisk, ( which is cod with alot of salt )  But I like it !

Yes indeed , and might I say your looking mighty fine.   ;)  Keep er up !  My brother .

Haha. "Tuk scal due ha" = tack ska du ha = thank you. Even though it's easier to just say "Tuck = Tack = Thanks".

theman

« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »
 ;)Thar you go.  All is well.

Offline darre

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »

I always read your text with the weirdest scottish accent, and I'm not sure why.... hmm. HAAARRRR! THAAAR YOO GO YA MAGGOT!

theman

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »

I always read your text with the weirdest scottish accent, and I'm not sure why.... hmm. HAAARRRR! THAAAR YOO GO YA MAGGOT!
;D  Never thought of that one  ;D  I learn something everyday.  LOL  Thanks for sharing.  ;) 8)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2016, 05:16:17 PM »
Grew up in Massachusetts moved to Indiana then to California for 21 years now in Melbourne, Florida

I'm from Massachusetts too! What part of the state did you grow up?

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »
Aside from my two deployments, and a brief stint with Mom in the S.F. Bay Area, I've mostly lived in SE La. Native of New Orleans, but due to a hurricane that shall not be named and loss of employment, now living near Baton Rouge (found a better civilian job).

@Waine- I may be wrong here, but I think "North Florida" refers to the Panhandle and "South Florida" refers to the peninsula(the area surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic). Oddly enough, the western part of the panhandle falls in a different time zone from the rest of the state.

Thank you for your service SirHarry!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2016, 05:24:26 PM »
Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut but have lived most of my life in New Jersey, just ten minutes from midtown Manhattan.

Bridgeport's a rough area from my understanding. New Jersey's great, at least the Northern part of the state! Cool dome FrankR!

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »
Welcome Darre from Sweden!

Me, I grew up in Oneonta, NY, and now live in Fitchburg, MA (by way of Framingham and Marlborough, MA)

Hey CraftyGuy! I grew up near the north shore! I know Fitchburg and have a friend who attended college there.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Re: Re: Where are you guys from?
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2016, 05:31:37 PM »
San Antonio, TEXAS!

I was born in Denton, RoWilJr! I don't remember it though since my family moved to Massachusetts from there when I was barely two, hahah.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:05:57 PM by BigKen »