Author Topic: Insulted  (Read 22253 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Insulted
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:49 AM »
Razor, you look totally different than that guy ..... he wears cool shirts !  :*))

j/k bro. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Actually, I've been wearing "cool" shirts all week and that was another similarity that they pointed out to me.  I made sure I wore a Polo shirt today.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 09:20:09 AM »
Razor, One can never go wrong with a polo shirt buddy.

Something about that horse that really puts them in their place eh.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 11:07:46 AM »
nah you dont look like that guy....but lets not put down and insult that other sly guy just to create a difference......your boss and coworkers are a-holes, plain and simple.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »
I joke alot with the ladies at work and one of them said they were going to snatch me bald.  My immediate response was I  like bald snatches ^-^

Man, talk about getting quiet and then breaking out in a bigtime laff.  I guess their secret was out. O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 11:15:56 AM »
nah you dont look like that guy....but lets not put down and insult that other sly guy just to create a difference......your boss and coworkers are a-holes, plain and simple.

Yea, agreed, the other sly dude looks fine...just NOT like you...

Man!....people....geez! :/O

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 11:20:50 AM »

Yeh ....  just typical stereotyping!..."all mexican people look the same" or "all black people look the same" or something equally ridiculous!

My thoughts exactly !

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 11:30:54 AM »
That sucks and you don't look like the guy.  When you see him alone kick his ass :x!  Let is go--he is nothing but an a@#hole.  You probably walk around with a level of confidence that is threatening to him.  Know that and realize that you are the one on top!

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »
They just wanna keep you down, man....FIGHT THE POWER

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 12:55:46 PM »
MAY THE SLY FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 02:31:26 PM »
Razor,

I was ready to tell you what a jerk I thought that your boss was when I came across this:

Razor, your boss is a twat! 

I would have spit my coffee out if I had any in my mouth.  Magma, you crack me up... what a perfect comment.  I love your wit; it's good to see you posting again.  It is amazing how some people can be so rude.  Razor, you have a great shaved head, and your boss needs someone to knock on his and see if anyone is home.  Keep it smooth!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

jusbnme

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »
Razor, why are you getting so defensive man?  That guy and you look exactly alike.  J/K bro.  Don't let it bother you.  Sounds like your boss has issues of his own if he can't keep from picking at you all the time.  MagmaBabe put it best I think.

JohnMont

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 02:17:05 PM »
I'm with everyone on their sentiments.  I esp. liked Tim's suggestion of bringing in a pic of what you think THIS guy looks like.    I know it's easy to say "blow it off" ... but these kind of putdowns can be very  ... what's the word .. unsettling maybe?   You don't need me to tell you this; but you're a very cool looking guy; the goatee and shaved head suit you to a tee .  Compared with your 'before' pics; you have really hit upon  the look that sets off your natural features to their best advantage.  (don't mean to go overboard, just trying to give you a few strokes, brother).   What did someone say about 'Middle School'?  .. yeah, really; these are ADULTS you're talking about??   Just consider the source  and drop it from your mind (they seem to have the wit, intelligence level and maturity of  the boss, "Michael" (that's his name, right?)  on "The Office." 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »
Thanks.   I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I take a lot of abuse from these people (and dish out quite a lot back at them, too).  They laugh at me for trying to eat healthy and for all the time and money I've spent trying get fit.  Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but negative comments about my appearance are hard to take. 

Yesterday my boss said to me that if a stranger tried to guess my age, there's no way they would say that I looked 21.   My response was of course not.  21 was a long time ago.  I don't expect people to think I'm 21 and I'm not trying to look 21.  Then he followed that up with, "And you don't look 30, either".  OK, it's been a while since I've been 30, but I have to admit that one hurt a little.  It's not that I'm even trying to look 30.  I'm just trying to look good for the age that I am and maybe shave a couple of years off if I can.  What's so wrong about that?

JohnMont

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
Who want's to look 21 ?!?!   .. (no offence to you younger guys) .

I know we all get kind of obsessed with "what age we look" ....   But something to consider is that over the last 20 yrs , EVERYBODY looks younger than thier age.    REally ; 50 yr olds generally look forty; 30s look 20 ... its even to the point that 70 looks 60.  I think it has a lot do do not only with healthier food being popular; but also fashion (clothes; hair .. ) esp. for women.   look at pics of the 'typical housewife' of 25 yrs old  in pics from the '50s.  with their tight bobbed hair and housedresses they look, what ? .... 45? ....    Everybody acts younger; dresses younger these days. People take up new careers in their 40s and even 50s.   So; my poiint? ... ( i forget; I've been rambling a bit too long ) .. .  I guess it's  "be yourself; take care of yourself; maximize your quality of life through healthy food, exercise, travel, fun, looking the way YOU want to look;  loving the world and people around you ((( I guess even those loosers who are buggin' you so much))) ...   that's how you stay young.  Or maybe in this obsession with "young"  we just need to substitue the word "Happy"  for "young".   

enough of my 'words of wisdom ' ...

john

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2007, 03:03:16 AM »
Most of my friends and family comment that I actually look older with a sly dome. Which doesnt bother me at all.