Author Topic: Tattoos and Piercings  (Read 8739 times)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Tattoos and Piercings
« on: January 17, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »
Some have tattoos, some have their ears pierced, some have other things pierced, some have tattoos and everything pierced.   Who's got what?  What combinations do you all have?

I have both tattoos (right chest, right shoulder, half-sleeved right arm, and upper left arm), and my ears pierced (2 in the left, 1 in the right, but currently wearing just a silver stud in each ear).  I've always wanted to have the area under my bottom lip, where the soul patch grows, pierced and have a spike going through it.  Sadly, that time has come and passes.  I'd love to sleeve both arms, but the work I do, at least right now, keeps me from doing it.  The chest tattoo I can still hide with a button-up shirt so that's been a non-issue.

My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Lith

• Sly Jr.
Re: Tattoos and Piercings
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
I've had both ears pierced sense I was like 12. Atm i have black half hoops that have little spikes on the ends.. Although I lost the spikes that twist on, but it still looks alright. I have 3 tattoos. All 3 on my left arm. The first one I got is a bull's head on my upper arm/shoulder, due to me being a taurus. Then on my forearm I have a Horde symbol tattoo from the game wow (probably weird to most who know/play wow, but it was a big part of my life). Then where the muscle is on the upper arm I have a treble cleff, but designed awsome, which I got to show my love for my sister. Music was always a big part of both of our lives so it works. Eventually I'd like to find some way to make it all into a full sleeve.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »
Personally I think pierced ears and a shaved head are a perfect combination.  I like ink, but I think at 62 I've left it a bit late.

I'm sportin' 11mm gauged lobes and on the way to 12mm (1/2") soon.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »
You'll be able to drive a truck through the holes soon Red.
Roger

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:26:42 PM »
You'll be able to drive a truck through the holes soon Red.

Gotta maintain my street cred.  Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 03:17:05 AM »
All I have are two tattoos. piercings aren't my thing

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »

I've always wanted to have the area under my bottom lip, where the soul patch grows, pierced and have a spike going through it. 

You mean like this?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 10:52:46 AM »

I've always wanted to have the area under my bottom lip, where the soul patch grows, pierced and have a spike going through it. 

You mean like this?
Um, no!  That is a little too extreme!  Good Lord!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »
I wonder if they accounted for the drool factor?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline VOT

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
Stud under the bottom lip I think looks good, but suspect it would be a step too far for my employer

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »
11 tats on my arms. Various designs. Not one for piercings.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 04:36:34 PM »
Five tats (both ankles, both biceps and right forearm. Also both ears pierced and a PA.
Hair is over rated.

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »
Three tats so far with plans for at least 1 more, probably lots more.  I had a PA at one point, but I ended up not liking it an taking it out.

Offline Ta2Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Guy in Training
    • ta2guy.org
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
I'm 64, been getting tattooed since I was the ripe young age of fifty. Most recently, on January 16, 2014, I got some more ink on the front of my scalp. I am inked from the top of my head, down and around to my fingers and toes and everywhere in between.

My ear lobes are pierced at 5/8 inch, septum at 2 gauge, nipples at 00 gauge, PA at 2 gauge.

I think that might be enough for me, but then I occasionally get an irresistible itch somewhere which nothing but a needle can satisfy!

And Red, being 62 years old is not even a very good reason. It is definitely NOT an excuse!

http://ta2guy.org/sixty-four.htm

Offline djones

• Guero Pelon
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »
17 tats I don't wear any earrings plugs or body jewelry anymore as I was a correctional officer for 3 years...but pierced I have nipples , tongue, right eyebrow, snake bites (one on each side of bottom lip)4 in each ear and the bottom ones were a 2 gauge.....I did an apprenticeship at a tattoo studio but found out it wasn't a job for me... I want to put the nipples back and stretch my ears back out ...maybe one day
Semper Paratus!