Author Topic: The grey dilemma  (Read 14881 times)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: The grey dilemma
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »
Is it some hippy-dippy vegan thing to use henna and indigo instead of buying a box of Just for Men that takes a few minutes to apply?

Yeah, those chemicals are found in the products made as "hypoallergenic" alternatives.  The weird thing is they seem to have gallons of each in this videos.    With that much, I don't see why it takes so damn long to get a result...lol. 

I tried a product called, "Wolfshead Beard Dye".  It seemed to wear off really quickly... like the same day.  Plus in their ads products with these ingredients are used on guys with about a week-long growth.  Big woop.  But I can't use JFM, I will break out in an ugly bright red bumpy rash that feels like my face will be scared for life. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »
My father-in-law almost died getting his hair dyed.  He's severely allergic to aloe and the dye that the salon used had aloe in it.  He got home and a few hours later his head had swollen in ways I didn't know was possible.  We rushed him to the emergency room where they were able to counteract the reaction.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 05:24:49 AM »
My father-in-law almost died getting his hair dyed.  He's severely allergic to aloe and the dye that the salon used had aloe in it.  He got home and a few hours later his head had swollen in ways I didn't know was possible.  We rushed him to the emergency room where they were able to counteract the reaction.

That's scary.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »
My father-in-law almost died getting his hair dyed.  He's severely allergic to aloe and the dye that the salon used had aloe in it.  He got home and a few hours later his head had swollen in ways I didn't know was possible.  We rushed him to the emergency room where they were able to counteract the reaction.

Wow, I didn't realize people were allergic to aloe.  That's a tough one.   
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:35:37 PM by slymyke »

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
Razor, I would leave your beard/van dyke the color it is. I like the red and the grey on you. It looks great.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »
Razor, I would leave your beard/van dyke the color it is. I like the red and the grey on you. It looks great.

Thanks.  Fear not; I'm not planning on altering the color.  :)

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize people were allergic to aloe.  That's a tough one.   

People can be allergic to virtually anything.
You don't know me, but I know you.

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »
Is it some hippy-dippy vegan thing to use henna and indigo instead of buying a box of Just for Men that takes a few minutes to apply?

[sarcasm]That's exactly what this is.  God forbid someone actually buy a product created by the human mind through a c-c-c-corporation that's seeking p-p-p-profit by using advertising to force people to buy c-c-c-chemicals!  It makes much more sense to use a random collection of things from the outdoors because nothing in nature is made from chemicals and nature is always safe (Organic hemlock and daffodil salad anyone?), and then spend four and a half freaking hours for the process to complete so that both your skin and hair are dyed dark.[/sarcasm]

I can see this being an interesting experiment in a "hey look what I did" kind of way, but to use this as an ongoing means to dye hair is absolutely absurd.  The hair treatment process is long enough but I wonder how long it takes to gather these ingredients (ironically probably produced by a company), mix them together, and then clean them up?

I had a Henna tattoo put on at an amusement park years ago and it hardly worked at all.  Maybe it needed to be applied with plastic for 4 hours, but it was incredibly disappointing.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »
There is much research funded by Loreal to find a anti grey pill right now. One product is out already called Grey Defense. It seems to be an anti peroxide supplement of some sort. Other cosmetic companies are also racing for a pill based solution to reversing grey hair. Another product is called Getawaygrey as below:

https://www.getawaygrey.com/blog/competitive-advantages/grey-defence-vs-getawaygrey-which-is-a-better-investment

Im curious to see if they work on chest hair as well...

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 12:00:39 AM »

I don't like the gray in my beard, but the gray on my chest hair is something I REALLY don't like.  It was one of those things I never really thought of before but I guess it was bound to go gray just like the rest.  I guess I just don't think much about it one way or another so I always assumed it would always look the same, but one day this summer I was doing housework and sanding drywall patches and got white dust on everything, looked in the mirror and thought it looked funny, and then a week later without drywall dust I noticed my chest hairs still had A LOT of white.  It was pretty disturbing.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 01:58:41 PM »
What a Faf to do that daily

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »

I don't like the gray in my beard, but the gray on my chest hair is something I REALLY don't like.  It was one of those things I never really thought of before but I guess it was bound to go gray just like the rest.  I guess I just don't think much about it one way or another so I always assumed it would always look the same, but one day this summer I was doing housework and sanding drywall patches and got white dust on everything, looked in the mirror and thought it looked funny, and then a week later without drywall dust I noticed my chest hairs still had A LOT of white.  It was pretty disturbing.

Ah grey on my chest hair is driving me mad! I was at the gym today and after was having a shave and it was so noticeable!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 03:44:42 AM »
Grey hair on the chest ? Shave it off please !!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 04:16:03 AM »
What hair on the chest?  LOL.  Mine looks bald and not from shaving.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »
Meh... I could care less what color my hairs are. My chest hairs are a mix, as is my forearm hair.

I can't see my back so can't comment on that.  8)

Enter your email address: