Author Topic: A little bummed out, can't eat or sleep  (Read 8198 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A little bummed out, can't eat or sleep
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
That's the spirit! Have a good time with the kids! BTW, you have a nice headshape that fits sly perfectly! Trust me, after a few days, when everyone's used to it, the shaved head will be a non-issue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:43:11 AM by Bayou Sly »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

benlen

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »
 wayman, looks very natural and good for your head shape. Roll with it.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
You look good, handsome and have a contemporary haircut now. Never saw you before but this looks like at least a third of the guys I see walking around Chicago every day. For me I was so insecure about balding that I did a ton of transplants to my eternal regret. It never really looks good or thick. Now years later I have had the scars effectively concealed and am happily sporting a contemporary no guard buzz or blade shave with confidence. You already look like a confident guy in your photo so be that guy. You will be happier than you could have ever imagined with your freedom from the system and your confidence. Congratulations.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »
Dude! You look great. You can hold that shaved head up high.

Remember, one big advantage of no hair is no hair worries. Time to concentrate on the important areas of your life now that that's out of the way.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 04:20:12 AM »
I am chiming in late here, Wayman, but congratulations on taking control.

If people ask (and they will) why you shaved it off, just smile and say it was because you wanted to or because you wanted to try it out.  Don't follow that with a question as to whether the person thinks you looked better with hair.  That only indicates that you are insecure about it.  If you give off confidence, you may get some good-natured ribbing from friends, but people will accept it quickly and not think any more about it.  I am willing to bet that you will be getting compliments.

You have one of those heads that rocks the Sly look.  Welcome!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 07:38:20 AM »
CONGRATS !  
You have a whole new fan club here ! 
You look totally great ! 
What an inspiration !
You and your family enjoy this summer and the rest of your new life !

Offline wayman

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »
Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback! Right now I have it shaved with Balding Clippers with no guard. You can still see the areas that I am totally bald. I really didn't want to use a razor because I do get razor bumps on my face and I'm assuming the same will happen to my head. I'm guessing as I let my head breathe that the pale white skin will get a little color. It's really cool to get feedback from other men that are in the same situation. I only have one bald friend, but because he is a soldier in the military he is out of the country and I cannot talk with him. Well I'm off to the water park in an hour. Again, I really appreciate everybody's time. It's really cool that you guys take your personal time to help others like myself. Hopefully, at some point in the future I will be able to do the same. Have a great day everyone!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »
Hopefully, at some point in the future I will be able to do the same.

You likely already have! Other guys in your same situation will read this post and say "Wow, it worked out great for him, why would it not work out for me?"

Offline jdcsky

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »
Razor bumps on your face does not automatically mean the same on your head. Clippers will give you and everyone else a good idea what you would look like when Sly but it is not the same as being smooth. You look good. Be proud.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 08:55:49 AM »
Wayman, you look great. I agree with all the guys here that the moment you decide that it doesn't matter what others think, that is the moment of real "manning-up", so-to-speak, & real self-acceptance.

The next time you need to get a haircut, go to a real barber (not a hair salon) & ask him/her to shave your head. A barber-shop head-shave is a really great experience. The barber will also be able to give you great advice about controlling of razor bumps etc as will a lot of guys here, no doubts.

All the best buddy & welcome to this great forum.
BaldBill

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
Welcome Wayman
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 05:57:20 PM »
You look great fella. from your hairline, I think it would be more noticable if you had it longer so keep buzzing you rock the look and soon people will not take any notice. It will just be part of who you are.

You can carry it and you're a good looking fella to carry it (damn you!) :*))

I think a lot of it is coming up to the dreaded 4-0. It is a landmark and all of a sudden you don't want to be seen as older or middle aged and this damn baldness contributes to that, but after coming through that age a couple of years ago I can tell ya, nothing changes, You don't suddenly become an old man!

So keep shaving and enjoy! 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 04:26:43 AM »
Good for you, bro. The new look is a definite winner. Read up on the 30 day rule, too. It's really a good idea to consider committing to a month of scraping the skull at the start so you can make an informed decision about sticking with it long term rather than an emotional one.

BTW, what brand of balding clippers and where did you get them? And did you have any problems using them without the guard?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 09:20:02 AM »
Let me join in and say that you dont have to worry about how you look bald because you are a good looking man. Your wear bald really well.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Hairloss BaldWin

• Sly Jr.
  • www.hairlossbaldwin.com
    • Hairloss BaldWin
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
You mind posting a pic? I don't believe there's any man in the world who looks worse sly than with a rug atop. The way it's killing your confidence and the constant hiding and unnecessary stress is probably detracting from your work, family time and life in general. You only have X number of years to enjoy your life. Shave it, get used to it, man up and move on!

Best of luck, a pic would be nice to see! And I'm 22, started balding at 19 so I know what I'm talking about.
Helping guys realize that the only real way of dealing with going bald is accepting it and loving yourself unconditionally - www.hairlossbaldwin.com

Enter your email address: