Author Topic: Solving Shiny head  (Read 4231 times)

Offline aldoapache

• Learning the way of Sly
Solving Shiny head
« on: April 05, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »
Hey guys,

First post, so forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere else.

I've been shaving my head for about six months now. I find that one of the things I'm most self-conscious about with it is worrying that my head constantly looks shiny, thus drawing more attention to it.

I work in an office with fluorescent lights and obviously those aren't flattering to anyone, bald or not lol

Anyone got any fixes for this? I've looked online for moisturizers that claim anti-shine but most are expensive and I'd rather hear that they work before I plunk down $40 for lotion.

Thanks.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Solving Shiny head
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
Witch hazel works for me. It runs about 8 bucks a bottle most places. If you decide to try it make sure you get some that's labelled "all natural".
Hair is over rated.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:38:17 PM »
Welcome mate,

The only thing that I find works is wiping/washing it a few times throughout the day. I just keep some cheap generic makeup removal wipes in my desk.

I have headlube matte by Headblade but find that it goes shiny as soon as you start to sweat!

Good luck
Lynchy

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
ALUM BLOCK!!

Didn't mean to yell just then but the shiny, oily scalp plagued me for the longest time & I've found alum to be the bees knees. Give. It. A. Go.
(Can you tell I'm serious?)

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:05:20 AM »
Sounds interesting. I like to shine most of the time but handy to have a 'non shine option' for days when I need to tone it down a bit!

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »
HeadBlade Matte or Alum Block  O0

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 05:25:34 AM »
I like the shiny look, myself.  I did get some Head Slick Lube/Matte.  It's OK, but not what I would call real matte.  It's less shine than Head Slick Lube/Glossy!.  I use that all the time.  Like the shine. But being BBC, I tend to not shine as much as a naturally bald guy. 

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Solving Shiny head
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »
Any lotion with a good amount of dimethicone in it will work. I use gold bond medicated from wally world. Otherwise if you like the dimethicone but want it more concentrated I have used chaffe cream.  Trying to remember the brand now. Comes in a purple box and tube, sometimes in the ladies aisles. I also use the later as a base before I apply makeup - smoothes out the application and keeps shine down so my face doesn't look oily, especially helpful in the summer.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Solving Shiny head
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »
Hey, so yeah, I found the cream I was mentioning. Its monistat anti chafing cream. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=281091424505&siteId=0&isClassified=false

Though I'm thinking u might not want other dudes finding this one in your man bag (lol), it sure works well for me!

Get it at walmart though; its only about $6.

Gutsy Girl
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Enter your email address: