Author Topic: Just bought a Golden 500. Schick injector off EBay.  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Cysly

• Sly Jr.
Just bought a Golden 500. Schick injector off EBay.
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:36 PM »
I'm excited to try it out!

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
Re: Just bought a Golden 500. Schick injector off EBay.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »
Never tried it. But go for it!
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »
I went into a shop yesterday, and saw one (antique) it was busy they had $5.00 bucks on it !  Not sure if it may be the same one but plan on taking a ride to town and picking it up , at that price just for giggles.  I am going to have to take a picture of these items as warhawk asked.  But not done yet ! :*))
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:47:16 AM »
The Schick injectors are among my favourite razors!  I only have two (G, and M adjustable types), and they give wonderful, almost effortless shaves.  The blades last longer than normal DE blades for me too :0)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:46:06 PM »
I went into a shop yesterday, and saw one (antique) it was busy they had $5.00 bucks on it !  Not sure if it may be the same one but plan on taking a ride to town and picking it up , at that price just for giggles.  I am going to have to take a picture of these items as warhawk asked.  But not done yet ! :*))
  Well went down today finally in town.  Live aways out so don't get in that often.  So I go down to the store and there the razor is .  I saw 500 and thought it was $5.00 bucks, turned out to be $2.35 .  Looks great but when checking on the puter I see alot have black handles, this one has a white.  Still has a blade in it .  Don't think I want to use that one .  So will get some blades.  Then looking around found a HESS Barber's Choice #6 , white plastic handle with 3" long bristle's and say's on the handle SET IN RUBBER STERALIZER  paid $8 bucks and some odd cents.  Made sure it wasn't losing alot of brissel's.  And came home washed it out with alot of hot water and fluffed it up and good to go. 

Now I know you would like a picture to make sure this happened.  Due to the fact that I can't post a picture worth a toot,  I would be more than happy to send it to someone ! 

"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »
Here are Switchy's pics:

Some nice stuff in there....

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:35:36 AM »
Looking good mate! Love that brush lol
Lynchy

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
Thank you Bluebriz , for you kindness posting those for me so they may  see that I am not totally full of BS !   :*))  I have been having some fun with these razors !  The one down on the corner that doesn't have a blade on it is a double edge Gillette Atra with a Sterling Silver handle.  Made by Reed @ Barton .  It is not silver plated  and the handle is heavy.  My X wife gave me this on our 2nd aniverary  ;D a hundred years ago. 

Bluebriz said this might be a Barber's brush to brush hair off.  But I tried it on my fat head  :*)) with my Van Der Hagen, and it worked well .  One thing about it  their are no brissels coming out of it !   ;D  I came into the BR the other night and forgot I had it and didn't have my contacts in or glasses on and thought a Punk Rocker had come up through the drain with that hair do.   :*))
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:56:44 PM »
Bluebriz,

Thanks for the tips on the razors. I usd to have a single tip razor but have not been able to find blades for it.so I retired it. I had great luck with it in the past. I got a great shave from it..

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »
What is the single tip?  Is it a DE razor?

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
What is the single tip?  Is it a DE razor?
If I said that on that Sterling Sliver Razor it is a Atra , when I got it I believe it was a single blade, now mind ya that there was years ago.  ;) could have been a double cart.   ;)
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 06:19:28 PM »
Still waiting on a review from Cysly on the Injector! 
How you finding it mate?

Enter your email address: