Author Topic: Worried about the shape of my skull  (Read 17635 times)

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
Re: Worried about the shape of my skull
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
Time for the paper bag with the eyeholes.  And whatever you do, don't go outside until it's dark.  Avoid the presence of impressionable children so as not be responsible for years of therapy for them.

Or listen to everyone else here... which is Ming's advice.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 04:07:56 PM »
Everyone has flat bits or bumpy bits on their skulls -- it's just that most skulls are covered by hair and you can't see them. Again, yours looks fine. If it was a true hemisphere then it would be truly unique.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 05:41:33 PM »
As many of the fine members have said  ;) it is what it is , be happy or get that paper bag  O0  I truly hate paper bags  :*))
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »
I sort of have the same shape. No one says anything...run it! Looks good man.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
This will probably be repetition of what the other guys said, but I want to add my 45 cents.

I buzzed my head for about 4-5 years before shaving it bald. It was good preparation. There was little fuss between buzzed #1 or no guard to shaved bald.  Some did not even notice.

You're young enough, you don't need to shave bald, but I'll tell you, if feels fantastic. It's an acceptable hairstyle for men these days. Lots of bald guys in my community, some by choice and some by nature. 

Your current haircut look excellent. There's not 'issue' with the shave of your skull.  You look handsome.  Nothing to be embarrassed about. Keep up the buzz for now, and when you are ready, go ahead and shave your head.

Once you get the itch to shave your head, it won't go away until you do it.  Hope you'll give it a try some day.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »
The shape of your head is fine. Dont worry about it.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »
Whatever happens..give us an update!

Did someone say something about the shape of your skull, or was it all on your own? Not that it matters, but I'm curious.

Offline JT16

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
Thanks for the further comments.

My dad had mentioned that my skull had a dip in it after I buzzed it for the first time. I think that's a pretty common feature in terms of skull shapes, but I feel like mine is more pronounced than other people's. Then again, we're all our own worst critic.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
So did you shave it? Let us know...post a couple of photos!