Author Topic: Damn, That Works Well  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Damn, That Works Well
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:16:35 AM »
Over the holidays I went without shaving my face-my head stayed peeled-as I'm thinking about raising a 'stache. This morning was the first step in that I shaved off all those bits that didn't look like what I wanted. Without thinking, and once my face had lather on it, I grabbed my Merkur DE and started the task of trying to determine what was-and wasn't-'stache material. I'm not going to comment on the current way it looks, but, damn, that razor worked perfectly and to understand why that's impressive, I haven't used it since, oh, possibly March of last year and the blade is the one that was in it then. It wasn't air dried,  pampered, set on it's end, just tossed in a cabinet and the drawer closed.  Steps have now been taken and it has been properly dried, cleaned and placed appropriately, even the blade was taken out and, gingerly, dried. And put back in ready for the next tens of thousands of shafts it will face.
That's one great Razor!!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Damn, That Works Well
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:07:39 AM »
I like my Merkur Futur. I'm currently on a shaving hiatus but it is my go razor when I do shave.

Which model Merkur do you have?
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
I like my Merkur Futur. I'm currently on a shaving hiatus but it is my go razor when I do shave.

Shaving hiatus on your HEAD or your BEARD? (or both).

You're beards always look good, Doug.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:20:15 AM »

Which model Merkur do you have?

Uhm, the silver one with the twisty end. I checked the grill and the bumper and there was no style, make or model, just Merkur. Do I need to be concerned? Has there been a recall of certain models? Is there a class action suit pending? Is there an 800 number I can call? Is Bob Goldwater running it? (My mother had an affair with his father circa 1948. Awfully nice man, when he and Mother were trysting, my sister and I had run of his store and, usually, could come away with primo swag.)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »

Shaving hiatus on your HEAD or your BEARD? (or both).

You're beards always look good, Doug.

Just on my face. My head is still shinny as ever.

Uhm, the silver one with the twisty end. I checked the grill and the bumper and there was no style, make or model, just Merkur. Do I need to be concerned? Has there been a recall of certain models? Is there a class action suit pending? Is there an 800 number I can call? Is Bob Goldwater running it? (My mother had an affair with his father circa 1948. Awfully nice man, when he and Mother were trysting, my sister and I had run of his store and, usually, could come away with primo swag.)

Haha....No need for concern, I was just wondering which one it was. They make a couple of different one....Futur, Vision, Slant, etc)
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Enter your email address: