Author Topic: Recommendation for Scar  (Read 877 times)

Offline shysly

• Learning the way of Sly
Recommendation for Scar
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:33:07 AM by shysly »

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Recommendation for Scar Dr's in Los Angeles or Vancouver, BC
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:39:10 PM »
ShySly, a hearty welcome to you.

I can sense your pain and frustration through the internet. So sorry for that.

There have been numerous topics dealing with head scars - search around a bit and you'll find them. If you can't locate them, either post here or PM me and I'll find them.

There have been very articulate views expressed by fellows who have scars and how they addressed them - whether surgery, topical treatments, or leaving things "as is."

You may also want to look at the numerous "head shape" topics because the underlying concern is that people will stare.

I don't know how it feels to be in your skin but I know from my time here and in the real world (I'm 57 now) that we expect people will stare at us much more than they actually do. They really have their own lives which they find more important than "that guy's head." Whether it be head shape, scar, combover, hair color, nose piercing, the "shadow" and so on.

My hope for you is that you can come to terms with the scar - perhaps with minor non-invasive treatment - versus the drastic measures you alluded to.

As I wrote, look at some of the other topics. If you don't find any which seem pertinent let me know and I'll search a bit as well. A couple have been within the last two months for sure.

Glad you're here.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012