Author Topic: fitted caps vs. adjustable caps  (Read 14168 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: fitted caps vs. adjustable caps
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
I have a collection of Starter fitted caps that stands at about 17 or 18. hope to add to that real soon. May get a couple of adjustables for the fall later on...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
When I do wear a hat, mainly fitted...w/the curved brim. Have a couple of adjustables though.

Cheers,
Ro

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
I have both adjustable and fitted caps.  The only problem is that most of the fitted caps I own were bought when I still had hair and now that I'm sly they're a little too big.  So I'll probably pick up a few fitted caps that work with the bald dome.  However, I kind of like the look of an adjustable cap on a sly dome.  Seeing the smooth back and sides and then the same bald scalp in the little window of the adjustable cap looks cool to me.   ;)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
However, I kind of like the look of an adjustable cap on a sly dome.  Seeing the smooth back and sides and then the same bald scalp in the little window of the adjustable cap looks cool to me.   ;)

I am with you on this Frank.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:38 AM »
Nothing against adjustable caps...but my concern with them comes from a post in another thread. One of our members said he got a half-moon shaped sunburn in that same window between the cap and the strap...Of course if you use sunscreen it shouldn't matter, but given that this Southern heat isn't letting up anytime soon....any cap is better than none....to each his own, I guess.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 02:33:21 PM »
One of our members said he got a half-moon shaped sunburn in that same window between the cap and the strap...Of course if you use sunscreen it shouldn't matter, but given that this Southern heat isn't letting up anytime soon....any cap is better than none....to each his own, I guess.

Yes, I agree that can be an issue.  However, if you wear a fitted cap and stay in the sun for a long period of time then you can end up with a pale scalp and a tan neck.  So regardless of the cap you wear, if you do wear a cap, the use of sunscreen is key.  Personally, I prefer not to wear a cap at all in the summertime to avoid tan lines and use sunscreen and keep to short bursts of exposure to sunlight.  I tend to tan well and that works well for me.  I tend to wear caps and hats in the wintertime or early spring.   :)

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
I had to google to find the difference between fitted and adjustable.  I never realised that there was an option :o

If I have to cover up in the sun I prefer a bandana.  I have 2 caps.  Apparently they are adjustable.  I didn't pay for either of them.

Offline Ironvalor

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
Man I stopped wearing adjustable caps back in the 90s. They just never fit my noodle right. I wear the new era fitted as well as the stretch fit XL/XXL I have a size 8 leather fire helmet I wear on the job that is fitted. Come to think of it if I did not shave my head I probably would not be able to wear hats haha
Central Kentucky Leatherhead- Punga Incendia DTRT-EGH Central KY F.O.O.L.S.

Enter your email address: