Author Topic: Amazon Instant Video  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Amazon Instant Video
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Have any of you ever used this service?  I just bought a new Blu-ray player with streaming capabilities and since I have an Amazon Prime account, I'm entitled to stream certain titles for free, while others are available for rental or purchase. 

I plan to use this mainly for films I don't plan to watch more than once.  I may rent titles occasionally, but I don't think I'll purchase any because they currently will only sell feature films in standard definition (rentals are available in HD) and because buying a feature film this way is as expensive -- more expensive in some cases -- than buying the DVD.  I'm trying to understand the appeal of buying a film this way, aside from the instant gratification aspect.  You're very limited as to where you can watch something once you purchase it, whereas a DVD can be watched practically anywhere.  So what's the advantage?    ???

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Amazon Instant Video
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
We dont have that service here X Man, sorry :( We only just got Amazon Prime a short time ago.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
I have Prime but I haven't used it for streaming as I don't have a device that supports it, and I hate watching moves on a laptop.

I wish they'd get enabled on the PS3.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
Sounds good - my problem is that I don't have DSL (no line by my house) and cable internet (again, no line by my house; the line is for TV only).  I've got wireless high-speed broadband Internet which can be effected by trees, weather, and constant relocation of the tower (it's a Mom and Pop operation).  Often I time out on a YouTube clip.  Dang, sounds like a great deal
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt