Author Topic: If you havent tried this product...  (Read 9620 times)

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
If you havent tried this product...
« on: September 09, 2011, 06:50:21 AM »
...you should, although I'm not sure if its available outside of Europe

http://www.lanzaloe.com/hydrating-gel-aloe-vera-250.html

Its extremely hydrating and gives your noggin an incredible shine. Smells nice too :)

Offline valldo

• Sly
Re: If you havent tried this product...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:12 AM »
This product comes from the lovely island of Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain and I don't think they ship outside of Europe

Aloe Vera has become such a popular thing over the last couple of years, you can find it everywhere nowadays, after shaves, shampoos, oils........my father grows a few of these plants in his garden and uses them as a moisturizer on his entire body, mostly after swimming in the sea. Just cuts it in half and opens it like a sandwich, applies directly. I have tried it , but not yet on my freshly shaved dome....will let you know once I do

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
I bought mine in Tenerife, but I've since found it in the UK. I usually use pure Aloe Vera too (although I dont cut a plant open, I squeeze a tube :D) but I find Lanzaloe better because its less sticky, and it also contains Glycerine, so its a little easier to apply.

Given how Aloe grows in the wild in so many arid places not far from here, its amazingly difficult to buy pure Aloe gel in the UK.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
There are 100% aloe gels on the market in the States.  They also have some other formulations.  I don't know whether I'd want to use the plant directly.  My limited experience tells me it's sort of sticky.  I usually put some on after the sunscreen lotion has been absorbed--it does leave a really nice shine, if you like shine.  For myself--shine is great.  O0

Slynito

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »
After I shave I usually rub on some Witch Hazel and follow it with some 99% Aloe Vera and it feels good and leaves a nice shine...used some aloe yesterday to cool off after getting a some sun on the dome.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:26 PM »
There are 100% aloe gels on the market in the States.  They also have some other formulations.  I don't know whether I'd want to use the plant directly.  My limited experience tells me it's sort of sticky.  I usually put some on after the sunscreen lotion has been absorbed--it does leave a really nice shine, if you like shine.  For myself--shine is great.  O0

I like a shine, on myself and others :)

I agree though, pure Aloe is a little on the sticky side. It takes quite a long time to dry and it never totally absorbs into the skin.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »
Hi guys, try dr organics double strengh aloe vera gell, it gives a awesome shine, and protects against irritation, i have been using this product every day for about 9 months. its available in HOLLAND AND BARRETTS health stores. O0 O0 O0

Slynito

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
Thanx for the (bald) heads-up....I'm not familiar with Holland and  Barrett's Health stores.  :-[

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »
Hi guys, try dr organics double strengh aloe vera gell, it gives a awesome shine, and protects against irritation, i have been using this product every day for about 9 months. its available in HOLLAND AND BARRETTS health stores. O0 O0 O0

I've tried my local H&B store several times and they never have it in stock. I've been buying Lifeplan organic Aloe Vera gel from Boots which is good for shine but quite sticky and takes an age to dry. I should really buy the Dr O stuff online I guess
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:48:36 PM by GSGUK »

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
Thanx for the (bald) heads-up....I'm not familiar with Holland and  Barrett's Health stores.  :-[

They're health food stores. I guess the closest chain store in the US would be maybe GNC? They sell nuts and raisins and weight-gain supplements and aloe vera gel :) except for my local store for some reason

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »
As far as i am aware, dr organics aloe vera gell is not available in the states. >:(

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
As far as i am aware, dr organics aloe vera gell is not available in the states. >:(
There are several products that meet the prescription at Whole Foods and similar stores. The easiest is the 100% at Wal-Mart.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Yeah you can buy Aloe just about anywhere in the US. It seems to be us that has a shortage of Aloe and decent beef.

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 03:04:37 PM »
...you should, although I'm not sure if its available outside of Europe

http://www.lanzaloe.com/hydrating-gel-aloe-vera-250.html

Its extremely hydrating and gives your noggin an incredible shine. Smells nice too :)

As I said, this comes from a local company on the island of Lanzarote, Canary Islands. A good friend of mine is currently working there and we met at a wedding of another friend this past weekend, so I told him to get me one of these. Tried it this week and can recommend it, non greasy with an all day shine.
you know, the canary islands are very low on tax, compared to the rest of Spain, on their website they were selling it at 12.5EUR, my friend bought it in a store for 8.50EUR for a 250ml tube (about 8.4oz)
If you get a chance to grab one of these I would say go for it

Slynito