Author Topic: considering become sly AGAIN...  (Read 1583 times)

Offline mouse404

• Sly Jr.
considering become sly AGAIN...
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:22:35 AM »
hey guys, haven't posted here in a while and honestly I had stopped shaving my head and grew my hair back out for the past couple years, even though i was sly most of last summer.

my problem with my hair was my receding hairline giving me the v-shape look. when i grow my hair out to a certain length its not as noticeable but now its getting to point where more people are noticing that my hairline is receding...im wanting to become sly again...for the THIRD time haha. I prefer a bald head then a receding hairline.

however i feel like i needed to come back here so i can feel some sort of support because no one in my family thinks i should shave my head neither does my girlfriend. but i want to and probably will do it anyways haha.

i have a couple concerns, the past summer i was having more difficulty tanning my head due to the fact that i was using like a 6spf tanning lotion or something..the sumer before i was using a 2spf tanning oil and i was in the sun a whole lot more and my head was tanning very nicely(i live in las vegas by the way)...am i causing any harm to my scalp if i use the 2pf again this upcoming summer? ive never had sunburn on my head fyi

2nd concern....if i could grow a FULL goatee or beard...id shave my head tomorrow..im obsessed with being able to grow a full beard or at least circle beard(full goatee) someday.. i feel that bald heads look SOOOOO much better with a goatee or beard. right now im 21 years old and i can grow sideburns, mustache, goatee, soul patch, and some hair under my neck...i know this isnt a beard forum but how much longer do yall think i have until it fills out? my dad told me he couldnt grow a full beard until 25.

thanks for your support in advance!

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
Re: considering become sly AGAIN...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
I just shaved my full beard, because everyone was saying that I looked like a terrorist.  Just have a goatee now.  As for when yours will fill in, I can safely say that nobody is going to be able to give you an accurate answer.  I've known guys that could grow a full beard at 14 and others that still cannot grow one at 60+.  Personally, I could grow a nice thick full beard, when I was about 30.  Granted, I had not tried until then, but I did know that I had some thin patches.

As for your head and sun protection, forget the tan.  Protect your head.  I use SPF 30 on my head and it is always tan.  I live in Florida, though.

Concerning whether or not to shave, I guess that you know best what looks good on you and makes you comfortable.  Personally, my life has improved significantly since I started shaving my head about 2 years ago.  It did wonders for my self confidence.  If you feel more confident with a shaved head, do it again.

Good luck.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: considering become sly AGAIN...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »
If you are considering it again, you've definitely got the itch.  You want to be sly, be sly.  Don't worry about what others think.  It's how you feel that matters.  Besides as they say, "the third times the charm""
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Enter your email address: