Author Topic: Help!! Buzz Cut For The 1st Time In My Life...Making My Balding More Obvious  (Read 22280 times)

Offline dexter

• Sly Guy in Training
last weekend i did a buzz cut for the 1st time in my life. honestly when i bend down to look , my hairloss was much more obvious then when i had longer hair..it look so bad n i m freaking out now..

my colleaques r teasing me about my hairloss , making hurting comments, questioning why m i making my hairloss more obvious . i tried to joke with them but deep down i was so hurt. it seems i cant bear to go out anymore until i grow some hair out to cover it

is it time for me to go sly when buzzing doesnt make it for me?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
You don't have a picture, pre or post buzz so we're working blind here.  If the buzz exposed an unsymmetrical hairline, you are ready to finish the job, IMO.  I also found that a short buzz, #2 or #1 emphasized the fact that I had moved on to a Hamilton IV, and had a couple of nearly totally separate "islands" of stubble in front together with substantial thinning on top that was showing a classic "horseshoe" rim and absolutely no symmetry to balance the look.  I had waited too long to get any use out of the buzz.  I just went with it and after just over 30 days I shaved it and haven't looked back.  You were probably sporting a pretty well established "combover" too. 
Remember, F__k your colleagues, it's your head.  And, I would hazard a guess several of the most vocal share your genetic disposition to mpb--their remarks in that case are their nervous reaction to the facts on their heads, not yours.
MPB isn't a disease, a defect or anything wrong at all.  It is just a genetic predisposition that usually is best dealt with honestly, and that means accepting it, shaving it, moving on with life.  There aren't any valid "treatments" just serious medical quackery, IMO, that leaves you damaged, or vendors that empty your pockets for a rug.  Remember Jesse James was honest, he used a gun, the rug merchants will try to use mpb to make you doubt yourself and pay them off--don't do it. 

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.

Yes.  Yes it is. 
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau

Yes.  Yes it is. 

What he said!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page

Yes.  Yes it is. 

What he said!

Ditto ... just do it!
MikeC

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau

Yes.  Yes it is. 

What he said!

Ditto ... just do it!
+1!
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
Yeah: just do it: shave it SLY and turn that balding buzz into a fashion statement that screams confidence O0

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
I agree with Rob....STATEMENT and CONFIDENCE.......You do NOT have to have hair to be sexy, hot, or popular---I speak the truth.  Don't be a sheep, man....cut your own path.

Troy

What Reb and the others said.   Do it sooner rather than later.  Puts you back in charge!  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:37:34 PM by Troy »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Most of the member on SBG will say to shave it off . But if you think you will look better and fell better with longer hair grow it back . The time may come when you know this is not working any more . When this happens, then going sly may be the way to go. Your head your choice. :-\
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Nick

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Help!! Buzz Cut For The 1st Time In My Life...Making My Balding More Obvious
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
This is a great quote that applies to hair loss: "grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change. courage to change the things i can. and wisdom to know the difference."

Shave your damn head.  I was just looking of some pictures of myself when I had thinning hair.  I remember those exact pictures bothered me so much.  I'm so glad I've moved past that.  Move on man. 

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
Re: Help!! Buzz Cut For The 1st Time In My Life...Making My Balding More Obvious
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »
With my head being shaven bald, you can still tell that I have MBP, but is more obvious with a clipper cut. When my hair is grown out a few inches is when it's most obvious. Having my head shaven bald makes it the least obvious.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
What length did you buzz down to?  Let's see some pictures so we can see what you're working with.  It may not be as bad as you think; you may just need a little time to get over the initial shock.

Offline Nick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 07:54:23 PM »
Here's the thing.  I buzzed my head before I shaved it, then I tried to grow it back.  The sides are going to grow a lot faster than the top, so unless you get haircuts often, it's going to look out of balance.  Hair doesn't matter though my man. 

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician

Enter your email address: