Author Topic: A bald story...  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Junglerot

• Sly Guy in Training
A bald story...
« on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
So it was a Sunday, I had cracked open a brand new bottle of Head Slick, which those that use it can tell you that the dregs in the bottom of Headblade bottle Bottle (while they work great) are just different and not as good as a freshly opened bottle.  I had changed the razor (sometimes times are tough and I would try to get as much out of a razor before changing the blades) and I was the first to shower of the day and knew I would have a nice, long, hot shower...I got a great shave, closer than it had been in a while.

So later I am in line at CostCo, felling great with a beautiful bald head, in front of me I saw a chrome dome that put mine to shame.  I had never gotten a shave that looked so close and clean.  Now I am an out going guy and have no problem striking up a conversation with strangers.  I walked over and asked the guy, "Man! how did you get it, your head, that close?"  This very tall, large (rugby player large, not fat) looks down at me and says, "I have Alopecia."  I had no idea what that was, I knew from the way he said it that it was a desease, that invloves not having hair, probably against his will.  I am sure I had a deer in the head lights look on my probably very red face, and stuttered out, "well, you got a beautifully head, man." I smiled and walked away.  That was my introduction Alopecia. 

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: A bald story...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
Wow, that's a good save for that situation.   
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »
Hey, you learn something new everyday.

marty22

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
Oh well!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »
Embarrassing moments. What are ya gonna do. Nice save though.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »
Wow!  Didn't expect that one, eh?  Like the others said, great save!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

benmcd

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:18:30 AM »
Yea, good one !

Androgenic Alopecia is MPB, so I guess a few of us all have it, perhaps not so severe as another types though.

I wish in the past I had been able to side step some of my gaffs, with similar quick thinking, I have had more than a few in my day.  :-[

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
Wow talk about AWKWARD. I'll bet he appreciated the compliment though.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 02:13:02 PM »
Ouch! A-W-K-W-A-R-D .....  $#**T

Never mind, I'm sure he was cool about it, seeing that you WERE sly at least.

8)
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »
I go up to almost all guys who have a shaved head  - -I have never found anyone not receptive to BALD conversation - -How long?  How often do you shave? and I ultimately give  them my business card  and about half of the people know me - - - as I own  a local wine and liquor store  an have for almost 20 years -   - -one guy about a month ago did not know me  - -because  of being bald  - -what I liked best was "you look much younger"  was his comment   - - - - - -  Yesterday morning,   I saw a young guy in Stewart's  buying coffee and he had just shaved his head  about an hour before  (he had a hat on) and he was not really sure if he liked it  - - -we got into a long conversation and he showed me his BALD head  - -I told him he looked great and  to enjoy being BALD - -then I took my hat off and  - - - - - -"Oh my God" was his comment and we talked more and then his wife came in to get him and off they went     I usually meet a few bald guys every day as I eat every meal out - - -the same breakfast diner in Red Hook NY  and the same lunch diner in Kingston  - - -and a different restaurant every night - - - -and I drink a martini every night at the bar before I eat - - - -I live in Rhinebeck, New York and we have many good restaurants in our town - - - -We are known for the Beekman Arms Tavern - -Inn - -the oldest Inn in the US  - -If anyone ever gets up this way  - -let me know  - -The least I can do is buy you  a drink   - -BUT YOU MUST BE SLY       Best Richard