Author Topic: 3 Stupid Things  (Read 10477 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 3 Stupid Things
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »
and besides..it is illegal to leave something in the mailbox without a postage stamp..

Who said anything about not using a stamp?   ???

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »
but it has to be processed Razor.  you can not put a stamp on it and then go and place it in the mailbox.  
http://pe.usps.gov/archive/html/dmmarchive1209/D041.htm#Rbi36796

would anyone ever really cause a stink about it?  Probably not but there are some out there that just like to stir trouble.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2009, 12:01:45 PM »
but it has to be processed Razor.  you can not put a stamp on it and then go and place it in the mailbox.  
http://pe.usps.gov/archive/html/dmmarchive1209/D041.htm#Rbi36796

would anyone ever really cause a stink about it?  Probably not but there are some out there that just like to stir trouble.

Since when can you not put a stamp on a letter and put it in a mailbox?   ???  I thought the only restriction was if it were a package over a certain size or weight, in which case you had to take it to the post office. 

I realize it still has to be processed -- after the mailman picks it up from the mailbox.  Or am I missing something here?

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »
You can put it in your own mailbox for the postman to pick up and send it off to be processed..but you can not put a stamp on an envelope and take it to where you wanted it to be sent and place it in their mailbox.

I think that is where the confussion is at....

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 12:09:10 PM »
You can put it in your own mailbox for the postman to pick up and send it off to be processed..but you can not put a stamp on an envelope and take it to where you wanted it to be sent and place it in their mailbox.

OK, I thought we were talking about walking down to the corner and putting it in a mailbox.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 12:09:57 PM »
lol..a friend of mine delivers mail and she said you wouldnt believe the things people do.  One day she said that someone had put mail in their mail box for her to pick up and take back to the office to be processed.  Well that was fine and dandy she said but you do not tape 42cents to the envelope for us to buy you a stamp LOL

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »

OK, I thought we were talking about walking down to the corner and putting it in a mailbox.

no no no Razor.  I am talking about if i want to send a letter to a business across the street.  We have a postal center about 2 blocks from here.  I would have to go and take it to the post office...they in turn send it to a processing center 90 miles away ( Terre Haute IN..to be exact) and then they send it back to our postal center to be delivered.  Thats what I am talking about..lol

Offline MikeM

• Sly
  • With two ears and 50 pounds of kid.
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
no no no Razor.  I am talking about if i want to send a letter to a business across the street.  We have a postal center about 2 blocks from here.  I would have to go and take it to the post office...they in turn send it to a processing center 90 miles away ( Terre Haute IN..to be exact) and then they send it back to our postal center to be delivered.  Thats what I am talking about..lol

Everywhere I've lived the post office has had a special "local mail only" slot where you can put mail going to the same ZIP code where the post office is located (or even neighboring code areas, depending -- you have to ask), to avoid having such mail go to the regional processing center.

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »
Let's get this back on track.

1)  The guy who thinks his bozo the clown hair style looks good.  Just shave it, man.
2)  SPAM - the email kind
3)  The SEC officiating crew that worked the UGA/LSU game and the ARK/UF game.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »
bem....FINE...party pooper!  lol

(|8-)

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 03:58:25 PM »
1. Wall Street.
2. Hypothetical job interview questions.  Unless you really need to hire people who are good guessers and not much else.
3. Extra "security questions" when I forget my password...if my memory is so bad, I'm not going to remember the questions, either!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
1. people that think obama is the savior
2. people that think usc is the best team in college footbal
3. people that think teblow is god!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
2. people that think usc is the best team in college footbal

:x!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
1.  People who buy an LCD or plasma TV but won't pay to get cable channels in high definition
2.  Twitter
3.  The new instant coffee that Starbucks has been pushing.  Why would anyone go out and order instant coffee??   :/O

How about people who buy a LCD or plasma but don't buy HD programming and return it because they were expecting a miracle. Or people who buy an LCD or plasma, but get a 720p because it's cheaper but don't get the same resolution their buddy has because he has 1080p and return theirs too.

Offline Big-N-Bald

• Sly Jr.
  • I Never have a BAD HAIR DAY!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 08:10:39 PM »
1) Ordering a big honking burger, super-sized fries & a diet Coke (yea, that make's all the difference)

2) Putting Ketchup on steak (what the hell are you thinking???)

3) Radio stations that start playing Christmas music on the 1st day of November.  (They should be shut down if they   start before the day after Thanksgiving)

I also don't get the blowing yourself up for 72 virgins...I can find 72 virgins right here on earth and I don't have to blow myself up to get them.  Whats left after the 72 are no longer virgins????  And whats more, what the hell are you going to do with 72 virgins, your a splattered mess of pulp....