Author Topic: M5 Razor  (Read 24899 times)

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
Re: M5 Razor
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 08:56:55 AM »
this razor is tempting to try
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 08:58:51 AM »
Bob.... I handful of us have tried the M5 and love it. Some of us have even given up our regular razors for it. Do a search and you will find some threads.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »
this razor is tempting to try

Give it a try, it's not a big expense and you may, like me and others, go for it.  I'm really sold, and following the suggestions here, I e-mailed my positive comments to Personna and got free blades and a $3 coupon off the already reasonably priced blades in the store, something like $5.88 at Wal-Mart. 

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
What was the email address.?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »

Tom-

Just go to Personna.com and somewhere on that page you'll see a button for feedback. That's all i did and I also got the blades and coupon.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »

Tom-

Just go to Personna.com and somewhere on that page you'll see a button for feedback. That's all i did and I also got the blades and coupon.

Thanks Mike.

Offline edge

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »
Am going to get me an M5 this week! sounds like a great razor for a great price.  Those darn fusion razors are indeed way too expensive.........

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »
Am going to get me an M5 this week! sounds like a great razor for a great price.  Those darn fusion razors are indeed way too expensive.........

Prepare to fall in Love my Friend...........

Offline Mikemc411

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
I filled out the online feedback form ... and they sent me TWO packages of refills.... No coupon ... but a 2nd free refill is better !!!

So far I'm loving the M5... my wife is considering using it too....!! (for other area's ofcourse)

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2010, 12:32:58 PM »
Would the M5 blades fit either of the headblade adapters?

usmcpelon

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »
I have been using the M5 since I logged into this great site and as per the advice of my fellow sly brothers.  It has work tremendously for me in keeping my dome very smooth.  I am able to press firmly against the scalp and remove all traces of hair.  M5 give me the smoothes hairless shave possible.  Its so amazing that I'm still hairless and very smooth at 5pm.  In the morning my dome still looks fairly bald but I rather hit the razor and shave.  The only time I've had cuts and burns is when I miss a shave, so I make sure I get a daily shave without fail.  This is the one razor I can press firmly against the scalp and not get cut. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
I moved to M5 from Fusion.  I just bought the new Schick to give it a trial--and it didn't make the week--it didn't provide the ease of absolutely smooth in the "tough" areas and overall, not as long lasting perfect smooth by many hours.  I now have a shaver depth chart of three, M5, star, Fusion, then Schick.  M5's only problem, the blade assembly is touchy and can break if dropped or knocked against a surface.  But, replacements are cheap. 

usmcpelon

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »
I agree Saintc. I dropped it after replacing a blade and the thing fell apart.  Another thing that I'm not happy with is the orange surface on top and bottom of blades.  It lossen up and fall off after 4 shaves.  Has anyone had that problem.  I'm trying to make the blades last as long as possible with the olive oil, but the orange strip fall off.

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 11:47:33 PM »
Would the M5 blades fit either of the headblade adapters?

Nope.
- Eric W-

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »
I've decided to push the current blade to "failure."  It had one week on it when I started the Schick experiment.  And we're now another 3 days on that blade--no sign of age, nothing special, no olive oil, alcohol spray, just rinse and back in the rack.  Now it's not humid in the house bc of 24/7 a/c, but let's see.  The Fusion began to be not only uncomfortable for me after a week, it wasn't cutting as well either. 

Enter your email address: