Author Topic: How do I stay bald longer?  (Read 20889 times)

Offline n00b1shm4n

• Learning the way of Sly
How do I stay bald longer?
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:30 PM »
Hey so I have been shaving my head for a while now and I have run into a problem. I will shave my head in the morning and by that night my hair is already growing back so I shave it again the nex:t morning. If I leave it go more than 2 days my hair clogs the razor. How can I prevent my hair from growing so quickly? And preferably not using wax... =D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How do I stay bald longer?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:57:27 PM »
Well, besides doing something permanent like laser hair removal, there's not much you can do other than get the closest shave possible.  Though, you'll still need to shave everyday.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline n00b1shm4n

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »
Ok so lets say that I did get the laser treatment, then later decide that I want my hair back (I am 18) is there anyway to regrow after laser treatment?

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
besides doing something PERMANENT like laser hair removal.......read carefully young jedi!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
Ok so lets say that I did get the laser treatment, then later decide that I want my hair back (I am 18) is there anyway to regrow after laser treatment?

Negative.  Once you laser it, it's gone for life.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »
Hey so I have been shaving my head for a while now and I have run into a problem. I will shave my head in the morning and by that night my hair is already growing back so I shave it again the nex:t morning. If I leave it go more than 2 days my hair clogs the razor. How can I prevent my hair from growing so quickly? And preferably not using wax... =D

Well, that's the zen of it for a lot of guys.  The quest for the perfect shave, never quite attained.  It keeps us checking out all the new shaving stuff, trying new things.  Some do the laser bit, some do other stuff, but most of that is pretty expensive and painful.  Shaving every morning is our time for ourselves before jobs and families take over.  And walking away from the shave, d_mn it feels so fine, so fine. 8) 8) 8)

Offline chs4

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
Daily shaver here as well...can't stand the sandpaper feel.  I only get about 12-15 hours before I feel like I could shave again...it's a sickness!   :D

Actually I find it mildly cathartic.  I actually like shaving.  Maybe it will wear on me after a while (only been sly for a couple months now) but at the moment I look forward to the next shave.

As others have said there's no good solution to a longer lasting shave, short of permanent removal.  Find the right combination of products that works well for you though and you can get a really close shave that will stretch the interval a bit. 

My personal quest for that perfect shave continues...

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »
besides doing something PERMANENT like laser hair removal.......read carefully young jedi!

Nice, Hookem!

Yeah bro, at 18 your hair is probably growing back like a weed.  I get 5 o'clock shadow, but my shadow is thinning rapidly.  If you want it to stay away for longer, you have to take some pretty drastic steps like laser or epilating.  Neither is appealing to me.  And, like Tyler said and Hooken emphasized, laser is permanent.

Read up on epilating, but I'm pretty sure that eventually becomes permanent too.  Plus, ouch!!

Offline stoic1975

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 07:05:55 PM »
I have to echo the notion that shaving is my time for ME.  I've been shaving at night and it's my 25 minutes before bed.  I shave my face, brush my teeth, bath the other bits and pieces, and then spent the rest of the time shaving my head in the shower.  It's a great time to just shave and think.

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

slyatlast

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 07:49:14 PM »
Frequency does the trick.  The more you get the routine down, the faster you'll be able to do it. 

Hellava lot easier and faster than ironing my shirt every morning....

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »
IMHO you should do lots of research before you even think of doing something so radical at such a young age. As has already been said with product choices and time to learn the routine, which will make shaving something you can do in 5 - 10 minutes. Many of the guys on here shave every day as I do. I also do a second shave if I'm "going out." So we don't want to be over motherly but make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.
It's all about attitude!

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 06:22:14 PM »
I agree with the whole Frequency thing. My hair grows like a weed and If I take at least two days it grows noticeably.   Heres what I do  ( Im sure everyone here will tell you the same thing ) Hot shower, exfoliate and scrub ( I use headshed ), apply Cream/Gel whatever and let it "soak" on the scalp for at least 3-5 minutes and then use a good blade.

Mildy cathartic, I agree with that.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

unless you sprinkle miracle grow on it but ive heard that doesnt always work. either nothing happens or you sprout a big green afro looking like a chia pet haha j/k  :*))

in all honesty once you get laser treatment its gone. so really think it through before doing it. because by the looks of it you dont seem to want it gone forever.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 08:52:39 PM »
btw i meant to quote noob not hookem lol. my apologies

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »
This was worth reviving from the past ...

Shaving every morning is our time for ourselves before jobs and families take over.  And walking away from the shave, d_mn it feels so fine, so fine. 8) 8) 8)

Words of real wisdom never fade ...
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012