Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
With the way my hair grows, I shave daily.

Otherwise I have this head stubble that feels uncomfortable to me if I don't have a smooth head.
Reactions to being Bald / Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 03:35:51 PM »
Well, I'm bald by choice so not truly bald.

BUT....

I like it very much in how it looks and feels on me.  No more worrying about styling or cutting my hair.  Plus my hair is rather thin and limp.  It made me look and feel older and dirtier.
Introductions / Re: Is anyone still on the board?
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:57:25 PM »
I just joined today. I will check the board daily for now.
Reactions to being Bald / Re: Bald wanna be's
« Last post by reddog on June 07, 2024, 01:40:35 PM »
It sounds like you're hooked on the "baldie" haircut like the rest of us! Eleven years ago, I wanted to shave my head just once to see what it was like. Almost everyone said it looked good on me, and I soon fell in love with the look and feel of a smooth bald head.
Bald Stories / Re: What made you go bald?
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:28:46 PM »
There were many reasons for me.

Last summer was one of the hottest summers here in Houston, TX so it was important for me to cut my hair as short as possible.  However, inflation was cutting into my wallet so I couldn't go to the barber as much as I should have gone.  One time that I saw my mother she told me that my hair was getting too shaggy under my baseball cap.

One day when I was bored at home, I decided to shave off the rest of my hair even though it was already buzzed. So I grabbed my shaving foam, some razors, and a towel and began the process.  It took me about 10-15 minutes to complete it.

After rinsing my head and looking myself in the mirror, I was like "wow! I love this look and how my head feels!"
I ended up taking many selfies and shared them with other people.

In short, my reasons were:

• Trying a new look
  • Saving money
  • Not wearing hats anymore
  • More convenient and easier to maintain
General Discussion / Re: Early Spring
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:19:58 PM »
It not even summer here in Texas and it already feels like the middle of summer with highs in the upper 90s.  I make sure to either wear hats or use plenty of sunscreen on my head whenever I go out.
General Discussion / Re: Waxing head
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:17:48 PM »
I've thought about waxing my head too for an even smooth head, but my hair is rather thick and I still have plenty of it.  I heard waxing the head hurts quite a bit, especially in my case.  I did try a "razorless" lotion that was designed for head hair, but the results were mixed. 

So razors and shaving gel for me for the time being.
Reactions to being Bald / Re: Bald wanna be's
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:14:05 PM »
I kind of had an interest in shaving my head bald many years ago and largely forgot about it. I thought a shaved head with facial hair and some rectangular/square black thick framed glasses would look good on me.

It wasn't until last summer when I seriously gave it some thought because I was tired of my baby faced look, wearing caps, and going to the barber every month.

Now I just love it and intend to keep it for years to come.  I have to admit that I do admire other guys with smooth shaved heads, especially with facial hair.
Head Shaving / Re: It's great to be shaved bald!
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:08:33 PM »
When I shaved my head for the first time, I had some reactions, but most were positive.  My sister was a bit shocked at first, but doesn't care anymore. I like how smooth it feels after a good shave. I've also let my facial hair grow.

I do not intend to let my hair grow for a while.  I had to deal with hair for the vast majority of my life, so 10 months is really nothing in comparison.  My mother did tell me recently that I looked fine when we looked at a photo of me from two years ago with short hair, clean shaven baby face, and round glasses.  I wanted a more mature look.
Head Shaving / Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Last post by jason_greets on June 07, 2024, 01:04:00 PM »
Shaving gel for me since foam dries my scalp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Enter your email address: