Author Topic: Beards with MPB Buzzcut?  (Read 15468 times)

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
Re: Beards with MPB Buzzcut?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 01:48:30 AM »
I think in general, the total Sly look with a beard is a winner for most men here.

A moustache never suited me with hair.  I tried it twice and never liked it.

But when I went Sly, I felt that a moustache would break the "too much skin" look.  That’s the only reason I sport a moustache now.

If my job permitted me, I would have no hesitation wearing a full goatee, so the goatee is reserved for vacation leave only, unfortunately.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 02:38:42 AM »
I enjoy the freshly shaven face at least as much as the head, so I shave my face 99% of the time too. I'm comfortable with it, as other guys are comfortable with their beards, and that's great, because we're all different people.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 05:08:32 AM »
Waine.....I can sympathize with you (I'm guessing you're a cop) I've been in the Army Reserves and National Guard for the last 22 years, and ever since I went sly, I hated wearing just a moustache. I always grew a goatee between drills and when drill time came, I would cut the moustache down to where it was barely showing so my goatee (or beard) would grow back at an even pace (no biggie I could grow a goatee in seven days and a decent chinstrap beard in about 2 1/2 weeks). I have a friend who was forced to shave his beard off when he joined the police force (as we would say here in La. "Dat Sux"!) If you grow the goatee, be sure to post a pic!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
Bluebriz, my brother, who is also Sly for years now refuses to even try a mustache. He keeps it clean everywhere. He tells me that if I want one I must at least keep it "thin" which I try to do.

Yes Sir Harry, I am in the police service, and although I work in civilian clothing, "no beards or goatees", unless you have a doctors letter. Even the little piece under my lip is not allowed, but in my line of work, I seem to get away with it.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
You know what is funny?  I have noticed that the police officers in Portland, Oregon actually are allowed to wear full beards and mustaches.  But while visiting there, I have never seen a officer who was sly and fully bearded.  But that would look quite fierce and intimidating in my opinion!

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
Dont' like facial hair on myself, but Love the look on other guys.  Besides my beard is very gray and when grown out it makes me look older.  Don't want that  :)