Author Topic: Want to be bald again...  (Read 5795 times)

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
Re: Want to be bald again...
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
Keep the bald look. You look fine. Others will get used to it.

Offline Schicksal

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 02:04:45 AM »
I just went bald and live in Berlin. I have received a few strange looks (from colleagues, people on the street), but nothing that can't be overcome by a smile and the right body language.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 04:47:31 AM »
Regarding the negative comments from others ... why are their opinions (and that's all they are) more important than your own?

Take back the power and reclaim the shaved look; it suits you well.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 06:58:30 AM »
Looking at your picture, it's hard to imagine you with hair, You're a good looking dude. But it's your choice, however, there's some excellent advice here, the main one being, "Do what YOU want to do."

As to cities and shaved heads, I spend considerable time in Buenos Aires, one of the more sophisticated cities in the world, and seeing shaved heads is still a bit unusual. The young are more likely to get out the razor than the old-who apparently cannot believe what they see in their mirror-and also there' a strong sense of Machismo and a full head of slicked back hair is a must. However, since "Nacho" Figueras became the photographic image of Ralph Lauren, the trend is to semi-long tangled locks...which looks great on Sr. Figueras as he really is a world class Polo Player who often is tossled by the wind. But few of us have the rest of what he's got, the looks, the build, a string of Polo Ponies, a friendship with Princes William and Harry. Oh, and a wife and three children. All of which makes him the stud, deluxe edition. Hair and all. PJ

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
Go for it  - - -you have a great looking dome  - - - -There is nothing like a beautiful BALD HEAD - - -and to feel the smooth dome is great - - - -and then you have the shine and everybody that I see or come in contact with  - - -  love the GLOSSY DOME.

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »
Go for it.  Sly is where it's at.   O:O

Offline wilky895

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 11:31:51 AM »
 I agree with the guys, do what you want but you have a good looking head and sly is the way to go... 10 days for me and counting. RoWil nailed it the guys on this site are awesome for support and info. Good Luck and welcome. O:O

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
You look very good sly!

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 03:31:39 AM »
Bald Berlin, Firstly it suits you!  I am being totally honest.  If it did not, I would honestly say, “Dude, sly is not for you.”
Going sly and dealing with the potential ridicule is an awesome way of dealing with the fear of what others may think of you.  This is a fear very common among millions of men worldwide and it manifests in different ways.  It is also an awesome challenge to overcome.  You have to literally tell yourself, “This is for me, I am the most important person to me, if nobody likes it, THEY must deal with it, not me!”  Learn to love yourself with the package that your creator has dished out.

I had only one negative response from my brother in law who said, “It does not suit you!”  My response was to look him in the eyes with a nice broad smile and a polite, “Don’t worry, you will get used to it!”  He has never commented again.

My wife and my mother hate my moustache which I grew to add more character to my sly.  They got the same response..

It may not be easy, but try.  What is easy in life that has any value?  Answer, “Nothing.”  Your self respect and confidence has all the value in the world.

I wish you all the best in your experience.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 04:06:53 AM »
Bald Berlin, Firstly it suits you!  I am being totally honest.  If it did not, I would honestly say, “Dude, sly is not for you.”
Going sly and dealing with the potential ridicule is an awesome way of dealing with the fear of what others may think of you.  This is a fear very common among millions of men worldwide and it manifests in different ways.  It is also an awesome challenge to overcome.  You have to literally tell yourself, “This is for me, I am the most important person to me, if nobody likes it, THEY must deal with it, not me!”  Learn to love yourself with the package that your creator has dished out.

I had only one negative response from my brother in law who said, “It does not suit you!”  My response was to look him in the eyes with a nice broad smile and a polite, “Don’t worry, you will get used to it!”  He has never commented again.

My wife and my mother hate my moustache which I grew to add more character to my sly.  They got the same response..

It may not be easy, but try.  What is easy in life that has any value?  Answer, “Nothing.”  Your self respect and confidence has all the value in the world.

I wish you all the best in your experience.

Well said....great responses for anyone that may have an issue with "concerned" family members....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »
... but am not able to. I don't know why I cannot take the plunge. Ok, because I got plenty of bad reactions. But is it really that bad? Seems to be the case.

Can't understand why you got bad reactions... you look great in my opinion!!

So yes, you should shave again!  O0

Enter your email address: