Author Topic: blahs  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
blahs
« on: November 30, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
 :(Hi, mates. Sorry for an off-beat message. Just recently can't control the nicks and razor burn. Medic's advice helped. But I'm wondering if I haven't turned myself into a freak. Personally, I love the bald identity. But am  still  apprehensive about presentation in the larger community. I shave daily to lock in the new identity. The bluish hairline  and nicks do not help. If I could defeat the shaddow and avoid the nicks, I'd feel more confident. Any counsel? Profesor Melon

Embrace the bald truth

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: blahs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:15:51 PM »
I've noticed the same thing about myself lately.  It's like I'm striving for the perfect dome all the time.  It's almost borderline obsessive compulsive.  ???  But then I realize that I'm taking too close of a look at myself.  People that don't shave their heads don't think about (let alone know about) the blue shadow and usually aren't close enough to see the nicks.  Even if they do, they're usually too worried about what you or other people are thinking of them.  As long as you project confidence (real or not), confidence is all the people see.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:06:14 PM »
well hello gents. been at work for three days and it looks like i missed some good stuff. as far as the shadow and the nicks. don't worry about those. a little neosporin heals nicks very quickly. i agree with tyler
I've noticed the same thing about myself lately. It's like I'm striving for the perfect dome all the time. It's almost borderline obsessive compulsive. ??? But then I realize that I'm taking too close of a look at myself. People that don't shave their heads don't think about (let alone know about) the blue shadow and usually aren't close enough to see the nicks. Even if they do, they're usually too worried about what you or other people are thinking of them. As long as you project confidence (real or not), confidence is all the people see.
   so in my opinion you should laugh to yourself at all the people that would never have the self confidence to wear our great look. i know i do when people try to give me greif.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:05:21 PM »
I'm OC about the smooth dome also.  It just irritates me to no end to "miss" a spot on my head, even though I know I'm the only one who can tell.  I sometimes try too hard, and that's usually when I end up with a nick.

The shadow never has bothered me, but I can tell its there, and wintertime is worse.  I've used some sunless tan on my head before, but it didn't do much for me, plus I didn't like the way it smelled.  I agree that the majority of people don't notice.

If its irritation, try different things and see if it improves; new blade, different lubricant, add more water, etc.

Keep the faith Professor!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 09:42:52 PM »
I'm OCD to begin with.  The shadow is just a reality I have to deal with, since my hair is so dark and thick.  The nicks get under my skin, (no pun indented) but my big thing is the smoothness.  It has almost become a pastime, or nervous habit throughout the day to rub my head to ensure every spot is equally smooth.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Enter your email address: