Author Topic: Things I have learned since shaving my head  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Alvisar

• Learning the way of Sly
Things I have learned since shaving my head
« on: December 28, 2006, 10:05:04 AM »
Things I have learned from shaving my head….

10.   My hair was thicker than the majority of the rain forests on this blue marble in the sky we call earth.   It takes a long time to shave my dome to chrome.

9.  Gray hair isn’t visible anymore (see number 4)

8.  Travel bag is lighter now, no need for a brush, gel or any other hair products. 

7.  If I had a dollar for everytime I heard, "Did you lose a bet?" I'd be mega rich.

6.  I don’t suffer from hat hair or bed hair anymore.  Sure makes it quick in the morning to get ready for work.

5.  I’m the whitest guy on the face of the planet, time to tan…..but I’ll only be able to stay in the bed for a couple of minutes.  I don’t want a repeat of ’05 on my dome, bad burn memories.

4.  I look even younger now, and I didn’t need help in that category.

3.  I shrunk about 1” in height, unfortunately, it doesn’t make me look bigger like it does when I shave my pubic area.

2.  When the stubble comes in, my head acts like Velcro when I am trying to take off my shirt.  This can really break the mood when you are in the heat of the moment, especially when she laughs cause you can’t get your damn shirt off.

And finally…..

1.  There is no buffer zone for my head now, whenever my head hits something…..it HURTS and it HURTS BAD!!!  Headboards are a bitch, I now know why I don’t have one.  (related to no. 2)   ;D

BaldRob

Re: Things I have learned since shaving my head
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:08:42 AM »
Comment on #2:  That's why you should shave everyday!
Comment on #1:  Very true... since shaving completely and cracking my head a few times, I have become super cautious!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:18:42 AM »
That was a cool list Alvisar. I echo Rob's comment about shaving everyday. Why not? Makes a big difference. I didn't have time to shave yesterday so I just jumped up and went to work. But I absolutely had to shave today, that drives me nuts (more than a day not shaving)
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:58:43 AM »
i have learned that the people that should just let it go the worst, are the ones that have the dumbest comments about your head. ain't jealousy a bitch?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:10:06 PM »
My co-workers have told me I'm easier to spot no matter where I am in the dealership
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 12:54:11 PM »
Especially when standing directly under a light...

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:59:28 PM »
kinda like welding. Shield your eyes from the glow. It will cause blindness.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Alvisar

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 01:01:32 PM »
Comment on #1:  Very true... since shaving completely and cracking my head a few times, I have become super cautious!

Shaving everyday has become a ritual for me already!!  That list was made just a couple of days after I shaved the first time as entertainment for some friends.  :)

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:11:05 PM »

Shaving everyday has become a ritual for me already!!  That list was made just a couple of days after I shaved the first time as entertainment for some friends.  :)

Gotcha!   ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »
Great list Alvisar!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 02:15:06 PM »
Things I have learned from shaving my head….
And finally…..

1.  There is no buffer zone for my head now, whenever my head hits something…..it HURTS and it HURTS BAD!!!  Headboards are a bitch, I now know why I don’t have one.  (related to no. 2)   ;D

OUCH been there! That is definately #1 on my list too! I have smacked my head more times that I can remember....

Wait a minute, that's probablly why I can't remember.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 04:23:36 PM »
Alvisar, awesome list very true.

One warning removing the headboard is not the final fix if you bed is next to the wall.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »
 :)Really observant list, Alvisar! Welcome to the crew. All I'd add to the list is a caution about gardening. Over Christmas we have had several fires in the firplace. We ran out of kindling, so I went clipping and gathering around the yard and got scratched all over the dome in the brambles. Another occasion when a beanie or ski cap is appropriate. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Enter your email address: