Author Topic: Are we having fun yet?  (Read 5419 times)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »
how about "rain guage haircut" ?  My friends always say in summer "let us know when it starts to sprinkle since you have the rain gauge haircut".  Well ... I've never been wrong with the rain forecast ... LOL  ;)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »
I never got called any names. One guy I know thought maybe I had cancer which I didn't have then or now. He just could not understand why I shaved my dome. I like it this way and that is what counts.

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
No problem.  I send them to the pits where they're doused in vinegar and rolled in cayenne.  Never a peep after that.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
Cool Avitar Ming !

Back to the subject , I think I got some comments when I first started shaving my head but it has been so long ago I don't anymore.  If by chance there were any I would ignore them !
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 08:53:02 PM »
Well said guys!!!

Offline spinDoctor

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
Thanks, guys. You are a lot of fun. Sadly, the name calling has slowed down a bit - I think they are getting used to the idea. I have managed to add "penis with ears" to my collection, but that is about it.

So you get to know me a bit:

I am supposed to be retired from the investment IT world, but I need to do more than play all the time. I volunteer in a hospital, I am in a Physical Therapist Assistant degree program (yeah, me and the kids in school), and for fun I like to play tennis and do metal work (welding, cutting, etc.).

It is my opinion that I need to do something totally new to me at least once a year. Kinda like reinventing myself. This forces me to be a humble, rank, newby quite often. I have every reason to be humble, but this serves as a good reminder for me and I get to do lots of new, interesting things. Being a sly, looks like a keeper to me. I'll get you a picture nextime I see some daylight.

Best,

Chuck

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »
Welcome Chuck.

Great thing is that Sly is compatible with every interest / hobby you listed. It's definitely a keeper.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02:31 AM »
Thanks, guys. You are a lot of fun. Sadly, the name calling has slowed down a bit - I think they are getting used to the idea. I have managed to add "penis with ears" to my collection, but that is about it.

So you get to know me a bit:

I am supposed to be retired from the investment IT world, but I need to do more than play all the time. I volunteer in a hospital, I am in a Physical Therapist Assistant degree program (yeah, me and the kids in school), and for fun I like to play tennis and do metal work (welding, cutting, etc.).

It is my opinion that I need to do something totally new to me at least once a year. Kinda like reinventing myself. This forces me to be a humble, rank, newby quite often. I have every reason to be humble, but this serves as a good reminder for me and I get to do lots of new, interesting things. Being a sly, looks like a keeper to me. I'll get you a picture nextime I see some daylight.

Best,

Chuck

Sounds like a great idea to me. As FG said, Sly fits well with all that!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 03:36:59 AM »
I never got called any names. One guy I know thought maybe I had cancer which I didn't have then or now. He just could not understand why I shaved my dome. I like it this way and that is what counts.

Joe, you look good bald. Even better when the guy next to you is also bald, lol.

Thanks for the photo op.

Enter your email address: