Author Topic: Bears fans.....Good news?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Bears fans.....Good news?
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
When Jay Cutler got released from the Denver Broncos I allowed myself to fantasize for a moment about him wearing the navy blue and orange of the Chicago Bears. That was kinda like buying a powerball ticket and fantasizing about what I'd do with all those millions.
Then.....VOILA! Jay Cutler is a Bear. I'm thinking he's the best QB since Jim McMahon and probably a better technical QB than Jimmy. Nobody, IMO, could LEAD a team the way Mac did lead those Bears.
The only problem I see is the lack of really good receivers to give Cutler somebody really hot to throw to. With a really good thrower leading him properly I can see Hester maybe becoming the next big thing but when a team's leading rusher is also their leading receiver I think that's indicative of a problem, like last year when Matt Forte led in both categories. The second year TE, Greg Olson, can catch and run but I think they need a threat at wideout to make them a real competitor.
What do all you sly Bears fans think of this acquisition?

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Bears fans.....Good news?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »
no comment. im a cleveland browns fan lol.

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
Huge bears fan.. He has Olsen and Desmond Clark.. Which is the best 2 tight end tandem in football.  Bennet has potential to be very good but we need to work on Hesters hands.  He's fast but i don't know if he's gonna be able to handle those lasers from cutler. We need to spend a little bit more money and pick someone decent up.  But we can't forget about Forte, he's a fantastic receiver out of the backfield.  Can't wait to see them in action

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:28:44 AM »
Yep, I forgot about Des Clark.
Too bad they dealt Berrian away to the Vikings. Muhammad would still be looking pretty good right about now, too, even though he's getting kinda long in the tooth.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:26:59 AM »
Correction, Cutler was never released by the Donkeys. He was traded for Orton & other considerations.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:53:25 AM »
Correction, Cutler was never released by the Donkeys. He was traded for Orton & other considerations.

Right on, my mistake. Gladly the end result is the same.

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 08:05:11 AM »
it's about time we got a QB....I mean someone that can actually throw a football and possibly lead a team..

It should be an exiting year this year.  If Turner will utlize the TE this year we may have something.

Ghost I agree with you though we need to spend some dough on a W/R-  Hopefully Bennet will step up and Davis will produce this year

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »
As an AFC West fan, I saw Cutler often.
The Raiders have a good pass defense and was torched by Cutler on more than one occasion. Then again, the Donkeys had more weapons than the Bears. It'll be interesting to watch how he does in Chi-town.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: