Author Topic: 7th day  (Read 2075 times)

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
7th day
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:03:36 AM »
Seven days in a row I have shaved my head.
Making small changes in each shave, trying products etc...

But the basic shave is the same, using a head blade classic with
Sensor twin blades and a hand saver with Sensor triple blades.

I don't know if it the mechanics of the two holders or the difference in double and triple blades but the HB does seem to do a much better job with the twin blade...

I need to do some swapping of blades in holders.
For more experience and judgment calls.
(But I am still a beginner)

I use MOSTLY the HB but use the other for some helpful touch ups. Plus later in the morning as I feel my dome if I find a missed spot I just wet the area with a  splash of water, wet down the triple blade hand held and shave it off.

My first shave was nick free, since then I have had a few nicks but they must be quite minor because they self coagulate fairly quickly. Plus I have a pre-pimple like bump near a temple that tends to get nicked. I hope it is a temporary bump and not something that has always hidden under the hairline.

I start by showering then I get out of the shower to do the deed, once done I get back in the shower and finish normal showering etc... The one day I did not shower and just tried using a wet, hot towel etc to help prep was my roughest shave.

After the shower I use a moisturizer and then a bit later HB Matte or Glossy, but I may stop using them because of certain ingredients that tend to clog pores.

I think the longer hot water soak is VITAL. I hope to eventually stay in the shower for the shave also. But I am still practicing.

Today was my best and closest shave yet.
(VERY encouraging.)
I took longer strokes with the HB.

I have the most difficulty at the back of my head, especially where the skull and neck meet. Most of the back of my head the grain goes nearly sideways and it seems very hard to get SMOOOOOOTH.

Plus all over my head the grain direction changes up a lot.

I am also using the olive oil "bath" to leave the blades in. I am still using the original blades. My hair is soft and I almost MUST shave against the grain, even on my face, with the grain I seem to just slide over the hairs for the most part.

It is all still "weird" to me, I am still going for the 30 day commitment and I do anticipate I will keep the style. I do think I may, after 30 days, go to an every other day head shave plus for special occasions.

I also have a "bit" of extra weight on me and while I have started to lose some of it. (Only 10 pounds so far.) The shaved head seems to make my face look fatter which reminds me that I am generally fatter than I care to be. So I am using this as some additional motivation to lose weight.

Perhaps I will join in on the thread about diet and exercise.

Well that is a summary of my 7 day story...

Stay well all,
Eric

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: 7th day
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 10:06:43 AM »
Eric, pretty soon it will be 30 days, then 6 months, then 1  year and you'll be completely addicted.  It sounds like you are getting hang of it more and more each day.  Pretty soon it will be second nature.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
Eric, pretty soon it will be 30 days, then 6 months, then 1  year and you'll be completely addicted.  It sounds like you are getting hang of it more and more each day.  Pretty soon it will be second nature.

It's kind of like owning a Harley..... it becomes a life style.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »

At 30 days I get a Harley?!
Cool!

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »

At 30 days I get a Harley?!
Cool!

haha good lord dont i wish.   :D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]