Author Topic: Headblade not cutting my hair?  (Read 10048 times)

Offline 2slickgriff

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Headblade not cutting my hair?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »
heres another pic

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »
Looks great griff, keep up with the HeadBlade and in no time you will master it.
I feel too many guys give up too soon and don't get to see how great it works.

Try the different blade combo's as the guys have suggested. I've narrowed it down to the Atra plus and it's generic brand as well. I actually alternate between the HB Sport and Classic, which I have set up to use the Sensor blades. The Sensors work okay for me, but I find I need more passes. 

Welcome to SBG's and the sly life. There's plenty to discover, so experiment.

Keep it smooth!    O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
It looks good.  Did you put the Sensor blades on the HeadBlade?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline 2slickgriff

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »
no, I actually bought the entire razor and used that handle and all....

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »

You should give the blades on the HeadBlade a shot.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »

Griff, If not mistaken, I believe the little black adapter that came with your HeadBlade is the adapter for the Sensor blades. Just make sure you do not insert the blade and adapter the wrong direction when attaching it to the HeadBlade razor itself.  (LOL) I did that myself the very first day I bought my HB. (LOL) This is the reason why instructions come with the package - for guys like me-LOL).  :/O  (Duh!)

-Cap'n Noodles-

PS: I think that if you crop your hair as close as to your scalp as possible with clippers first, then the Sensor,  (or Mach, etc - whatever your preference may be) you'll have more satisfaction with your results.

I find myself having to shave my head twice a day to maintain it this short and smooth. So it really all comes down to experimentation and preference. But you're definitely on the right web site for info.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:38:02 AM by Noodles »

Offline crazycoop

• Sly Jr.
  • another day of being me
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »
i picked up a new hb the other day for back up and found the blades dont get that close of a shave. picked up some sensor 3 blades and put them on the hb back to close shave. you will cut down your time. just put the sensor 3 blade on the hb. good luck

you want to see hair on something round,then you can look at the hair on my a** as your kissin it!

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 02:34:07 PM »
For me, that's the fun off all this! Experiment! IF 4 years ago someone told me some of this stuff I'd have been confused etc.  I used to spend half an hour shaving and still not gettting the closeness of shave that I now get in under 10 minutes. You have to learn the feel of what angle to run the blade. Front to back etc. Give it some time and I'm sure you'll love being sly more and more with each new day!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline 2slickgriff

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »
thanks for the tips, I'll try the sensor excel razors on the HBsp see how that works... I'm also considering trying out the wahl balding clippers, hopefully it reduces the irritation on the back of my neck

Has anyone here ever used a combination of razor and clippers?  Im thinking a razor on top and sides and possibly clippers on the back

Offline 2slickgriff

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »
Hey i tried the sensor excel cartridges with the HBsp and it cut my shaving time in half!  My wahl clippers are in the mail too, can't wait to try them out!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »
griff, good to hear the sensor excel's worked better for you. Usually all it takes is a little experimenting to see what blade combo suits you.

Wahl clippers are one of the tops, and I use them (not the balding one though) as well when buzzing down, or to trim the goatee.
Make sure to keep them clean and they'll last a very long time.   O0

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »
While I like the idea of the HeadBalde, I get a much better shave with a Mach 3.

Ditto

Agreed!  O0
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Enter your email address: