Author Topic: Scissors?  (Read 6863 times)

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
Scissors?
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:34:14 AM »
Anyone use scissors to trim facial hair, especially the mustache line at the upper lip?
Any recommendations on scissor brand and size and/or type?

I have had a beard and stash for many years and never really go to into trimming. Mostly using electric clippers and any old scissors that might be handy.

Now that I am doing the full head shave, I want to clean up and maintain the facial hair more regularly as well. Not looking for shaping and fading etc ,just good clean edges where needed and done at least a couple times a week to maintain a much more consistent look.

Thanks as always,
Eric

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Scissors?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:23:36 PM »
Guilty!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 01:51:59 PM »
Scissors on the beard, no mustache, the woman won't let me have one.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 01:59:35 PM »
Awww, come on shdwwlk You're a sly bald guy. What choo doing letting, "The Women" dictate what's on YOUR face???   :*))
It's all about attitude!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »
Awww, come on shdwwlk You're a sly bald guy. What choo doing letting, "The Women" dictate what's on YOUR face???   :*))

Now Gary you know darn well that if he doesn't let "her" dictate what's ON his face, she won't point anything fun near his face....... ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

Now Gary you know darn well that if he doesn't let "her" dictate what's ON his face, she won't point anything fun near his face....... ;)
I'm not even sure what to make of this  :o

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »
Ya see Mike, you went and got the man all worked up over a little Yankee humor!!   :*))
It's all about attitude!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »

Eww I just understood, that's nasty! I'm going to go drink that image out of my mind.  $#*t B@n%

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »
Now I'm confused!! Maybe I missed it too shdwwlk, I was thinking nothing nasty!!    ;D ;D
It's all about attitude!

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:37 PM »
Oh BTW I had no intention of abducting this thread. I often use scissors on the goat!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline crazycoop

• Sly Jr.
  • another day of being me
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:01:42 PM »
i use sewing scissors  the small one about 4 to 5 inch in total. they have a good point and stay sharp a long time. i have had the same pair about 5 years now and still do the trick.

you want to see hair on something round,then you can look at the hair on my a** as your kissin it!

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »
Mike that was funny bro but anyways...

I used to use scissors on the goat but I have become pretty proficient with my trimmers that I don't need scissors anymore

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »
I got to the stylist and let her trim it for me cause she's cute and I get a nice view will she does it. She uses scissors to do it but don't know what kind.
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 04:56:34 PM »
I have a pair barber scissors (unknown brand) that I use to trim the 'stache and Van Dyck.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
I got to the stylist and let her trim it for me cause she's cute and I get a nice view will she does it. She uses scissors to do it but don't know what kind.

"and let her trim it for me cause she's cute and I get a nice view will she does it" If that isn't sly I don't know what is :*))