Author Topic: Feng Shui for Follicles  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Feng Shui for Follicles
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:15:24 AM »
http://boomers.msn.com/articleBL.aspx?cp-documentid=381047&GT1=9103

This article appeared on MSN this morning about 8am. I read it and was quite pissed!

Why you ask? (well I heard you mentally ask even though you didn't say it out loud)

I am pissed becuase she didn't offer shaving your head as an option! She didn't mention that loosing your hair is OK and you don't have to try to hide it. Instead she gives TIPS FOR HIDING IT!

She offers a bunch of pills and crap for your head, but never to be a proud bald man!

I sent little miss Amy Levin-Epstein an e-mail expressing my digust with her that she is just adding to the problem that men face when they start loosing their hair.

I also posted on the MSN board about 5 times but only one of them stuck on page 3.

Noner

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Feng Shui for Follicles
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:22:39 AM »
i agree noner. she could have at least suggested that going sly was an option. damn woman.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:26:49 AM »
Way to go after them Noner!  I also posted, but I'm down on page 9.  I did like that most of the people reading the article said to just shave it off!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 09:41:10 AM »
Yeah I saw that too! A lot of women on that board love the sly bald guys!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »
I find it interesting that she tells men ways to conceal the fact their appearance is changing, yet she refuses to hide her name appearance and remained hyphenated (Levin-Epstein). Whadda biotch!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
What do you expect from someone that writes for MSNBC? The same network that has Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman?  :D

Schro

ps - I did see the message board for that article and I had a hard time finding replies that support this ditzy broad's position. The overwhelming support was for going sly or (at a minimum) not trying to cover it up.

pps - I had a bowl of feng shui last night over lo mein noodles.  )-m

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »
That is the media for you. They are there to ensure the people know the truth their desired version of the story. 
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 03:21:57 PM »
That is the media for you. They are there to ensure the people know the truth their desired version of the story. 

You know...the bald alternative that is really starting to catch on is probably scaring the sh$% out of the hair restoration & toupe industry.  They could well be behind getting these people to avoid / thwart the SLY alternative.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »

You know...the bald alternative that is really starting to catch on is probably scaring the sh$% out of the hair restoration & toupe industry.  They could well be behind getting these people to avoid / thwart the SLY alternative.
You left out the Rogaine, transplant, and Hair Club for Men boys!
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »

Yep....they're shakin' in their corporate boots, man :( :'( :-\ :-[

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 05:53:08 PM »

Let them shake!!  They deserve it for perpetuating the illusion that bald men are inferior...  :x!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »

Let them shake!!  They deserve it for perpetuating the illusion that bald men are inferior...  :x!
[/quote]

And that, my friends is the winner of the day ! h3ry3

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »

But only real men WEAR boots and they're SLY
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »

But only real men WEAR boots and they're SLY

There will Always be the Sheep, the Fakers, the Wanna-Be's and the Never-Was'... Let them Hate, Shake & Qwake all that they want!  For there to be the Sly, you need the weak to contrast. 
Peace

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »
[For there to be the Sly, you need the weak to contrast. 

Very well said Mr. Clean!   O0
I'm Brian and so is my wife!