Author Topic: Anyone use magic smooth ever ?  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Michigan_Mayhem

• Sly Jr.
Anyone use magic smooth ever ?
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:18 AM »
a couple of days ago when I went to buy my Headblade ( waste of money ! )at Walgreens  I seen that  there was a product called magic smooth hair removal cream. Was thinking of picking some up , but not sure if it a good idea of not. To clarify on the Headblade , I used it and it shaved my head like sh*t . I thought I was going to get a nice smooth chrome head after using the Headbalde , but it hardly did anything !! I used my basic shaving cream , which I am not sure I can use with the Headblade , probably want you to buy a crapload of products to just to be able to use this stupid thing !
 I am just really fustrated because I want a smooth shiny chrome head and instead I have this mini stubble that seems not to go away . I do not want to knick myself trying to get my head the way I want it . About to just let my hair grow back !

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone use magic smooth ever ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:26:19 AM »
FIrst Mayhem, DO NOT USE that Magic Smooth.   That product burns the hair away and having tried it once, can tell you it will burn your skin as well.   Secondly, don't give up on the Headblade yet.  While the HeadSlick cream, DOES cost more than your regular kind, it lasts a long time (you only need about a nickel sized portion for your whole head).   Not only that but it gives a really smooth and close shave.   The Headblade does take a little time to get used to, the amount of pressure being the biggest issue generally.  If you are truly that unhappy, try using the Mach III in the meantime, but still use it with the HeadSlick.   Hang in there bro....it DOES get better.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 06:08:58 AM »
And make sure you go to headblade.com to watch the "how to" video... 

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »
Did you take the guard off of the blade?? LOL...sorry, but dont give up after one try.  The headblades are awesome.  So tell us, did you get the headblade or the headbladeSP?  I am not sure they even sell the reg. headblade anymore.

Offline Michigan_Mayhem

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:35:04 PM »
First off , yes I took off the stupid guard !  I am not that dumb. And it was the headblade sport . I 'm sick of not having the totally smooth thing going for me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:53:16 PM by Michigan_Mayhem »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 12:45:13 PM »
First off , yes I took off the stupid guard !  I am not that dumb. And it was the headblade sport . I sick of not having the totally smooth thing going for me.

Which blades were you using on the HeadBlade?  I don't get a good shave with the HB blades, but I get an awesome shave with the Sensor Excel blades on the HeadBlade.  You need to try different blades to find the best for you.  Also, practice will give you a better shave.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
Relax, your technique and smoothness will develop and quickly.  All due respects to the HB brothers, I and many others have also tried it and decided it's not for us--personally I use Fusion, but Mach III also gets good reports.  Don't get hung up over the look of the HB--design is great, just doesn't work for a lot of guys.  Read up in the technique thread and you'll get some great ideas.  Then take your Mach III or whatever and then take your time, enjoy the process--it's a special part of your day.  Enjoy the Sly!  It's not about the blade you use, but the result you are able to get on your head.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
It may take a little time and trial to find the best razzor to get the shave you want.
Be patient my friend.... it's worth it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
It may take a little time and trial to find the best razzor to get the shave you want.
Be patient my friend.... it's worth it.

Words of wisdom.  O0
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght