Author Topic: i timed how long it took to shave my head today just for the hell of it.....  (Read 7440 times)

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
It takes me maybe five minutes.  And I have thick full hair and no horseshoe.  I shave one time against the grain with HeadSlick and a Fusion.  Then feel around and touch up if needed.  I also shave everyday or every other day.  If I shave everyday, I don't get as good a shave.

I figured out if I wait a day or two I get a MUCH better shave.

That was basically what I was going to say. It doesnt take me very long and I still have what some would consider a full head of hair. I shave with the grain with a fusion and headslick at the sink. When I first started I shaved every day but then a combo of lazyness and my hair not growing as fast has made me just shave every other day. I am going to time myself in the morning just to see.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
The actual shave process takes me about 10-12 minutes. 15 probably if I include making my lather and prepping the shave.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
this thread really gets me.  Anything over 10 minutes to shave your noggin really has me ????  What are you all doing?  Shaving one hair at a time.  Quit being whimps and just shave it.  We talk about women spending 30 minutes just putting make up on.  Come on guys...pump it up a little

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
It depends on how things go but usually about 10 just for the shaving the dome. Maybe 15-20 with the rest of my shower included. Sometimes I just like to stand there and enjoy the hot shower and steam sometimes....ahhh it cleanses the soul.
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
this thread really gets me.  Anything over 10 minutes to shave your noggin really has me ????  What are you all doing?  Shaving one hair at a time.  Quit being whimps and just shave it.  We talk about women spending 30 minutes just putting make up on.  Come on guys...pump it up a little

:'(

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
well are you all talking about the total amount of time you are in the shower?  Sometimes I spend 15-20 just in the shower, but the amount of time spent shaving the noggin is usually less than 5 minutes.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Just ran across this thread. It's too funny because just this morning I decided to time myself.
I use a Gillette Fusion and Head Slick. I started when I opened the door to the cabinet that has all my supplies in it till I was completey done and cleaned up.

Head and Face shave took 11 minutes. Then the shower and lotion etc. the whole works took a total of 19 minutes. I don't think that's bad going from start to the point that I am dressed and ready to go!  I would have to add 2 - 3 minutes if I had to trim the goat, but I only do that every 3 days or so.
It's all about attitude!

Enter your email address: