Author Topic: By the way... I did it  (Read 3839 times)

Offline whiskerbiscuit

• Sly Guy in Training
By the way... I did it
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:04 PM »
Took the plunge about 3 weeks ago.  It felt pretty good.  I've got some mixed reactions so far.  Mom hates it, sister hates it, a couples girls liked it, a couple almost cried.  But i haev to say, it looks alright.

Thanks for all the advice,  If it weren't for you guys I never would have done it. I'll be posting more often, and I'll be sure to put a pic up as soon as I can.

BTW I'm having trouble with nicks and cuts...

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Re: By the way... I did it
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »
You should experience less nicks and cuts with practice. Congrats on the plunge bro O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »
practice makes perfect.  YOu didnt learn to ride a bike in one day now did ya?  Welcome to the forum bro

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »
Congrats on your new look!  If the nicks don't go away with practice, then let us know what your routine is and we'll help you out.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:20:20 PM »
Congratulations...your technique will improve with time and experimenting with different products. You know who to ask if it doesn't!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
Remember is for YOU...and all those sad family and friends have never asked YOU what haircut they can have...

do it for you...then everyone around you will love it because you're lovin' the new you! O0

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »
Glad to hear you finally took it off. And like the guys said, the more you practice, the less you'll cut yourself.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »
Hey Whisker,

When I started shaving my head I was always getting nicks and cuts! On three occasions I said forget it to shaving the head, but hung in there.

Now 3 or 4 years later.....I can't even remember the last time I cut myself!!! I'm just lucky that my head heals from whatever I do to it!! No more cuts or nicks, no razor burn or other issues!

Hang in there, try different things if you want and wait until you get the feel of it.
It's all about attitude!

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »
 :)

Excelent decision ! Bald-by-choice is the best way, mate!

You will have a few nicks now and again, but I've found that using a fresh razor each time & plenty of shaving cream or gel is the best way to getting a smooth, clean shave.

Enjoy the journey to being a baldy for life, mate.

Bilko1
BaldBill

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 10:36:16 AM »
Hey Bisquit!

Congratulations bro!  You'll get the hang of it in no time and the cuts will be a memory.

Post a pic without the hat so we can all see the dome.