Author Topic: I am not bald yet, but I am balding and want to preserve my hair!  (Read 13795 times)

Offline kushrooms

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Make money online
I will eventually choose to be bald but right now I am only 19 years old! My hairline is receeding and I'm balding, I want to keep my hair for maybe 4 years, JEEZ! Any tips? thanks.  :*))

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I am not bald yet, but I am balding and want to preserve my hair!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:42:42 AM »
I will eventually choose to be bald but right now I am only 19 years old! My hairline is receeding and I'm balding, I want to keep my hair for maybe 4 years, JEEZ! Any tips? thanks.  :*))
hey kushrooms:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give ya a proper welcome.  if U R balding, the answer 2 that question is 2 shave that noggin' with a quality razor smoooooth. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:34 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Kushrooms!

Show us a photo... me thinks this may be much ado about nothing. :)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:32:22 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Kushrooms!

Show us a photo... me thinks this may be much ado about nothing. :)

Storm in a teacup
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
First of all, thanks for joining us. Honestly you're at the wrong forum if you are interested in preserving the hair you have left. We're just gonna tell you to shave it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:53:49 AM »
Welcome kushrooms, to Sly Bald Guys; key word being "bald".
I echo PigPen on this, if you're looking to hold on to what's left of your hair, you're in the wrong place.
Give it a shave with a good razor and gel, and then keep it for thirty days. Then you can decide which you like better: Smooth, slick and confident or an obviously grasping, thin wispy comb-over.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 09:09:13 AM »
I do not think there is a way to "preserve" your hair.  SOrry bud, if it happens it happens..

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
First of all, thanks for joining us. Honestly you're at the wrong forum if you are interested in preserving the hair you have left. We're just gonna tell you to shave it.

PigPen couldn't have said it any better. Shave it off!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »
I do not think there is a way to "preserve" your hair.  SOrry bud, if it happens it happens..

No, it can be preserved.  But it has to be kept in a jar.   ^-^

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
HEY I KNOW...he can preserve it by ....

Step 1.  Shave it all off

Step 2.  Sew it to a wig

Step 3.  Look like a fool.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 12:57:40 AM »
HEY I KNOW...he can preserve it by ....

Step 1.  Shave it all off

Step 2.  Sew it to a wig

Step 3.  Look like a fool.

Don't mind Timm, his fingers can move without being attached to his brain.

I'll tell you the same thing as the other younger guys that come here.  Shave it off NOW while people won't associate you doing it because you're going bald.  Give it a solid 30 days and you'll love the look.  You'll also be so happier that you did it a couple of years down the road.  Listen to the wisdom that we've gained here.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »

I'll tell you the same thing as the other younger guys that come here.  Shave it off NOW while people won't associate you doing it because you're going bald.  Give it a solid 30 days and you'll love the look.  You'll also be so happier that you did it a couple of years down the road.  Listen to the wisdom that we've gained here.

I'll second that.  Nearly everybody here will tell you that they wish they'd done it sooner.   I really wish I had shaved my head when I was about 21 instead of waiting as long as I did.  Of course, it wasn't a common look at the time and back then I was more interested in hanging onto my hair for as long as possible.  I could never get my hair quite the way I wanted it, though, and it only became more difficult as it continued to thin and recede.  Though I would never have believed it at the time, I'm much happier not having hair.

Shaving your head can be a huge confidence booster --  not only because you're happier that you look better, but because confronting your fear about being bald is really liberating.  Take advantage of the fact that shaved heads are totally mainstream these days.  Shave it now.  You'll be thanking us in 30 days or less.   ^-^

Offline 20, bald, and loving it

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 11:41:24 PM »
welcome and give it a shot. I am 20 and it was hard for me but I am glad I did it.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 12:22:03 AM »
welcome and give it a shot. I am 20 and it was hard for me but I am glad I did it.

Yep, same here.

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 09:44:39 PM »
I was 21 when I did the deed. Now I'm 23 and will probably never go back. Everyday I look forward to shaving my head. It's now a hobby as oppose to a chore.

Few men would say combing their hair is a hobby. Most will likely say it's a chore or burden!
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght