Author Topic: trying to figure out what id look like bald  (Read 36738 times)

keginthecloset

trying to figure out what id look like bald
« on: April 24, 2009, 03:05:58 PM »
Losing my hair but as of right now I think I still have probably 1/2 a year - 1 year before it is really noticeable.

I hate how my hair is though. It sticks up easy and never stays in place. I have to wear a massive amount of gel to keep it in place and even then it doesn't always work. I'd almost rather have no hair if it would look good. I guess one day in the future I will no have any. But I am trying to figure out how I would look.

I saw somewhere where you send in your picture and they show you how you would look being bald. Anyone know how I can do that on my own? Trying to decide if I wanna keep my hair while I can or just shave it off now.

Thanks for any information.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: trying to figure out what id look like bald
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 05:20:06 PM »
Hello, welcome to slybaldguys.  Trying to guess what you will look like is really a waste of time.  Before
shaving my head I used to cover my head with my hand and try to picture a bald guy.  I never thought
it would look good.  Then the first time I shaved I went for a super short buzz and I was disappointed.
If the short buzz was a good indicator of what I would look like completely shaved I would say forget it. 

The point is, there is no way to find out what you will look like with a shaved head until you actually do it.
The place where you send your picture you talking about is not a good representation of what you will look like.
So that's in some sense bad news.
The good news is once you shave you will do yourself a big favour.  I don't know how old you are but you tell
me, is it worth it to waste your time worrying about something you cannot change?  Is it worth it that you keep
yourself unhappy and nervous all the time for something you cannot control? 
When you shave your head you will give yourself a chance to enjoy life, and put aside all the worries about losing hair.   As you may know, for most people once they do shave their head they have one question that doesn't seem to go away, and that question is "why didn't I do it earlier?"

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
Nothing to really say here you got it all from MathGuy. (Good going MathGuy)You'll never know until you do it. if it really isn't what you want it won't take that long to grow it back. But I'll bet that if you shave it and give it a month, you'll never go back to worrying about it!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:05:20 PM »
Like the other two have said, give shaving a try.  What's the worst that could happen?  You don't like it and grow it back.  Though, I doubt that will happen.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »
I agree...give the shaved look a try, take it from guys who know what we are talking about

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 10:51:17 PM »
SHAVE IT ! SHAVE IT !

We are being honest here, not just because we shave ours adn we are trying to get you into a trap, but dude.  Listen to what we are saying.  YOu will love it and with summer time coming on ...what better time to do it.  It will grow back if it wants to.  But you wont want to.  We promise!

flatdave

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:18 PM »
Don't know how you can do it yourself besides actually doing it.  You can submit a pic to www.baldlygo.com and get a good idea.  I'm #13, I think and it's pretty darn close to the actual result.  By the way, welcome.

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 12:30:01 AM »
I agree...give the shaved look a try, take it from guys who know what we are talking about

Exactly

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
No use tryin to figure out what you'll look like 8)  The only way is to do it.  believe me, what the others say is TRUE, man.  Just shave it and see what it's like for YOU.  The look, the feel, everything: you just don't get that from a photoshopped pic.  You get it from the real thing.  It's an unbelievable feelin that you just can't understand until you actually do it O0