Author Topic: Who's Your Barber  (Read 1914 times)

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
Who's Your Barber
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
My hair started thining  when I was about 27...Funny that was about the same time I got married....I'm sure that had nothing to do with it, or did it?    I started keeping it trimmed real short and then about 5 and half years ago, I just decided to do it....and have been shaving to this day.   I was coming out of the gas station one day, when a Harley-Davidson Rider approached me and wanted to know "Who's your barber?"...when I replied that I do it myself...he just smiled and said looks good, so when a complete stranger compliments you...that feels good.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Re: Who's Your Barber
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
You are right  O0
Kindness from strangers reminds us that there are good people out there.  It's so unexpected!! 
That's why when I came across slybaldguys.com I was surprised (and I still am)  at how supportive this group of guys is. 
Thank you for sharing that experience.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:25:18 PM »
That is what the Brotherhood is all about

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »
Yo Duane...great pic bro.  I am glad you caught onto what teh brotherhood is all about already.  Told you this site was cool.

Offline boiler1bald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:29:04 PM »
Thanks Tim,  It feels good to be part of the Brotherhood

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »
That's a great story, reading that actually made me feel good. Great post.  O0

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »
And by the way, welcome to the site sly brother!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Welcome, Duane,  It is a great feeling!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline vin2nd2none

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
Yeah man it sure does feel good whenever you get reactions like that. I was wearing a hat the other day (it was a little chilly of course),  and when I took it off this guy in the library asked me "who's your barber"... when I told him I did it myself he was shocked. Dude was thinning a little bit up top just like I was, I told him I was tired of having to give special instructions to barbers and still come out looking bad. Hopefully he is gonna do it too

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »
I have found that when I see someone else that  is either naturally bald or BBC that is the best opening question to ask,"Who does your hair." It nearly always turns into a very interesting conversation! It's unbelievable!!

Hopefully I will have some business cards in the near future that will help promote SBG!! Keep it up guys, we can make this site huge!!!!
It's all about attitude!

Enter your email address: