Author Topic: Yuma, Arizona  (Read 9293 times)

BaldRob

Yuma, Arizona
« on: February 16, 2007, 07:38:33 AM »
Has anyone been there?  Is there anything to do there?  I get to spend three lovely weeks there for work... At least the weeks are spread out!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Yuma, Arizona
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:44:46 AM »
Was stationed there several times but it has been ten years since last.  Bar scene used to be real good and its just a short drive to Mexico.  I can make a call to the base out there and ask around if you want. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BaldRob

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »
I'm not too worried about bars out there... I try not to go out when I'm on the road working.  Just want some insight to the town itself... good, bad, indifferent... decent local restaurants, etc

Thanks!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »
I'm not too worried about bars out there...

Interesting...

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 08:06:15 AM »

Interesting...

Does make ya wonder!   Anyway, Mexican restaurants were great, was a big outdoor Flea Market that could eat up half a weekend day. Will try to reach out there today, if not on Monday.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 08:26:10 AM »

Interesting...

Does make ya wonder!  

Naaahhhh.....as much as we banter around about bars, drinking, partying....it's still pretty rare that I get out...or even bring home a six pack.

I'm with Rob...when I go out of town to conventions and stuff (let alone several weeks of outa town work)....I have to be careful not to make it into a HUGE excuse to party.   There's been many a convention where there was valueable information and/or client meetings to be engaged....and I was RUINED by partying into the wee hours.

When I needed to be sharp and on my game....all I could think about was getting back to my room to sleep some more = STUPID.

Now of course that doesn't count when Tyler's here because it's not my convention and I'm gonna get him TRASHED  O0

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 08:41:57 AM »

When I needed to be sharp and on my game....

Bing!  That's why I don't drink much when I'm on the road... Haven't made a great name for myself in the Training world by showing up to teach hungover!

And considering, I'm on the road starting Feb 25th for 5 weeks straight, and 8 out of 10 weeks... last thing I need to be doing is partying hard out there...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 08:53:24 AM »

Interesting...

Does make ya wonder!   

Naaahhhh.....as much as we banter around about bars, drinking, partying....it's still pretty rare that I get out...or even bring home a six pack.

I'm with Rob...when I go out of town to conventions and stuff (let alone several weeks of outa town work)....I have to be careful not to make it into a HUGE excuse to party.   There's been many a convention where there was valueable information and/or client meetings to be engaged....and I was RUINED by partying into the wee hours.

When I needed to be sharp and on my game....all I could think about was getting back to my room to sleep some more = STUPID.

Now of course that doesn't count when Tyler's here because it's not my convention and I'm gonna get him TRASHED  O0

Of course, that's a different situation altogether RM
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
Yuma should be sunny.  It rivals my hometown every year for the sunniest place in America.  So, I'm guessing the women will have tans.  Other than that, I can't say much about it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 11:49:54 AM »

Of course I can always hunt down Rob in Yuma and corrupt his best laid plans  >:D >:D
 d#~

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »
That would roll me through Albuquerque whereby I could get PigPen in some trouble.....and just leave a trail of distruction and debauchery all the way to Yuma....MMMUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 12:00:12 PM »

Of course I can always hunt down Rob in Yuma and corrupt his best laid plans  >:D >:D
 d#~

I am uncorruptable!  :/O

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »

Man, hope I'm not giving the wrong impression.  When I had missions out there we had a lot of down time between flights and working out and nights out was the only recreation at the time.  If you're into dirt biking you should be able to hook up with a rental for some time in the desert.  Get some great time in the sun and it would allow you to remain incorruptable.   Otherwise hang by the ladies who will be around every pool out there. 

Interesting...

Does make ya wonder!  

I'm with Rob...when I go out of town to conventions and stuff (let alone several weeks of outa town work)....I have to be careful not to make it into a HUGE excuse to party.   There's been many a convention where there was valueable information and/or client meetings to be engaged....and I was RUINED by partying into the wee hours.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »
I have an uncle who lives there.  I know he loves it.  I will give a call this weekend and see if I can get any good info for you.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
Thanks everyone!