Author Topic: A warning to you all. Don't do this. You'll feel bad.  (Read 3356 times)

Offline baldmancometh

• Sly Jr.
  • Inner game is amplified by a shiny head
A warning to you all. Don't do this. You'll feel bad.
« on: April 09, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
    Ok I had a terrible weekend. One day I will learn my lesson. I had been seeing this girl(Ashley 25) for only about a month. Nothing too serious but we had been intimate. She knew I wasn't serious in the relationship and assured me she felt the same.

Ok so here is were things get complicated.

An ex-GF that I'm still friends with (Cherri 21) called me up a couple of weeks ago and told me she wanted to come up visit me for the weekend (She lives about 3 hours away). That's not an unusual thing. So I told Ashley about it. Cherri and I are just friends our relationship ended two years ago. I have nothing to hide. I'm an honest man. Ashley was okay with it. So I invited some friends over, a couple of the other local bands in my area that I play with often, and we had a little party. Ashley had to work that night unfortunately. Well that was all fine.

The next day though i decided to take my kids to a local festival, (common in my area). Well Ashley had already told me she explicitly didn't want to go. The problem is that Cherri did. Crap. So I called Ashley and told her that Cherri was coming with me to this festival because I knew Ashley's friends would be there and I wanted her to know what was going on. Cherri is very close to my children. They love her to death. Well Ashley changed her mind then and decided to go too.

Wow the most awkward day ever. Every time one was out of earshot of the other they were talking crap about one another. Cherri is just a friend to me nothing more but she wasn't acting that way and Ashley was obviously more serious about our relationship than she led on. I know, I know I'm stupid. This is just me telling you guys what not to do even though it seems obvious.

On Monday Ashley calls me over and she's totally okay as if the past couple of days didn't happen. But I knew that she was feeling something I wasn't. I decided to break it off with her. It wouldn't be right for me to stay with her and lead her on. She was quite mad to say the least.

This morning Ashley called me up and wanted me to go over and sleep with her. She said no strings she just wanted to have sex again. I declined. And she tried to make me feel terrible about not going.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:35:57 AM by baldmancometh »

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: A warning to you all. Don't do this. You'll feel bad.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »
You're required to by psychic.  Didn't you know that dude?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

marty22

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »
jeez...thats tough stuff. And all I worry about is the Yankees pitching staff these days.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »
Holy crap......................................................what!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »
BC-

You made the right choice by breaking it off with her since she felt the relationship was something that you did not. And major kudos to you for not falling into that "sex trap".
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »
Never put yourself in the crossfire!

And please guy, use paragraphs.

Offline baldmancometh

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 12:33:52 AM »
Never put yourself in the crossfire!

And please guy, use paragraphs.

Yeah sorry about that. I'll fix it up, was on the way out the door at the time.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline baldmancometh

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:26 AM »
BC-

You made the right choice by breaking it off with her since she felt the relationship was something that you did not. And major kudos to you for not falling into that "sex trap".

I think so too. But i always hate hurting someone's feelings. I remember when I broke it off with the other girl, Cherri. I felt so bad. She didn't take it well at all, we had been dating for over a year. That's when I decided if I don't at least feel a little something after a month that I need to end it. I honestly wanted to be head over heals for her. She's such a great girl and gorgeous to boot. But you can't make yourself feel something for someone, just like you can't make yourself not feel something. I'll probably be single forever but I'm happy this way and when someone makes me feel better than I feel when I'm single she'll be the right one.

Oh and for you guys that are younger. Sex is the icing on the cake. It's not the meal. The relationship is. Truth.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:49:12 AM by baldmancometh »