Author Topic: My own reaction - Skull line?  (Read 6322 times)

Offline McGraw

• Learning the way of Sly
My own reaction - Skull line?
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:41:19 PM »
Greetings
  My first post as I just shaved my head today. I’ve been clip’n with a 1/8 guard for 5 years and thought I would go clean to see how I like it. My skull seems to have a very predominate  "fault line" the runs behind my right ear all the way to the top of my head. I can actually feel the indentation. Anyone else have this or know what  the deal is on this type of skull feature. Other then that feels clean and looks pale… lol

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: My own reaction - Skull line?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 02:43:52 PM »
Welcome McGraw!!

I don't feel the same thing behind my ear.  Anyway you can get a picture up showing us what you mean?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 03:09:29 PM »
Welcome McGraw!

In all seriousness, any major head injuries when you were younger?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 03:11:24 PM »
welcome mcgraw. glad to have you aboard.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »
Yeah i have what i think you would describe as a fault line.  I also have a slight bump on the top of my head......however although i am occasionally paranoid about this, i have grown to accept that everyone has something different about their bald head.  Some are shiny some arent, people have varying levels of hairloss, different shaped heads etc.  I think unltimately if you are losing your hair and you dont say if you are.....then shaving clean will ultimately look best irrespective of what 'faults' exist.  Many would sau faults are character.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »
Welcome aboard mcgraw! 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »
Hi and Welcome McGraw!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 04:55:33 PM »
Welcome to the group and congrats on you decision to shave it!  I can feel some lines on my skull but nothing shows.  I think I was dropped a lot as a kid and if that didn't do it I'm sure my misapplied youth might have. :-\
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 05:44:03 PM »
Welcome McGraw
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 06:02:59 PM »
Welcome McGraw!

Can't help with the "fault lines".  All I can say is, I don't have them.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 06:43:24 AM »
 O0 Welcome, McGraw. I agree that the fault-line probably adds character. I do not have one myself but there is a very slight declivity between the front of my dome and the back; it's so minor that it never troubles the razor (Fusion) when I pass over it, first with then against the grain. Depending on where you live, the only downside of shaving is that the naked noggin is chilled to the bone in winter. In the last three days, I have kept my cashmere cap on even in the house, except for showering. Enjoy the site: it offers knowledge based on experience and bald cameraderie. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

spaceape48

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »
The fault lines are where the different bones that comprise your skull meet. I believe they are called fossas? Might be wrong- been a while since I read any anatomy books,lol. I have the same issue myself, only they run down the side of my head from front to back. No big, just make you look a little more intimidating in nothing else.  :x!

Offline cs1solo

• Sly Jr.
    • resDeus
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »
I have no fault lines but I do have a dominating frontal bone, it creates a ridge that almost extends from temple to temple.  When I first shaved (three years ago) I was a little self concious of the odd bumps on my head but now I accept what others have said before me and about me:  It adds character and makes me look more intimidating.  The only thing more intimidating would be a big fat scar (with stitch marks).

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 12:22:22 PM »
I think I have various indentations that others don't have and am lacking some that others do have....

...but I think the chances is are that nobody but you will even notice what it is you're talking about if that's what your concern is. The plus and minus of being bald is that that's just about the only thing most folks will notice.

:)

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 04:29:01 PM »
Welcome, McGraw.  We've all got our weird little indentations, but the best part is that they blend in with the rest of the bald skin.  Nobody ever notices them but us.