Author Topic: Ward's Reviews - C.O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream  (Read 19024 times)

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
Re: Ward's Reviews - C.O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 11:44:46 PM »
The last time I stopped in a Bath and Body Works (month ago maybe?) they even had the CO Bigelow in a canned foam to go along with the large and small tubes. Thought that was interesting...

Emcee, the Proraso tube you have linked is the same thing as the CO Bigelow so it should be just fine. I've never seen it in a huge tube like that. Pretty neat. The Proraso shaving soap is just as good as the cream, also.  O0
- Eric W-

Offline Emcee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 02:22:57 PM »
thx, bud. just ordered me up that huge tube, think it'll last me awhile. i sure hope they get it back to B&BWs in the future as it's way more convenient than ordering online.

i recently made the mistake of trying to switch it up to Zirh shaving cream which was way too runny/not a good lather for my liking, made me instantly miss my C.O. Big. went to mall to return Zirh to Macys then to Bath and Bods to find no more tubes of the cream. just that canned foam (which i heard is butt mud by the way).   

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »
I don't use the C.O. Bigelow on my head, but I do on my face.  I went to two Bath and Body Works stores and was told they quit making the shave cream in the tube, and they only have the cans of foam.  I bought a can and it is okay, but I don't like it as much as the tube.  I may go ahead and order online while I can, in case they are discontinuing it.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
Man I'm glad I stocked up on a 3 for 10 deal.  I use it daily with a superlather of Nana June's Spearmint/Eucalyptus Glycerin shave soap.  It is awesome!

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 08:01:18 AM »
I used the tube for the first time this morning and I agree that it was an awesome, close shave.  5 bucks was worth it.  I also use Bald Guyz shave gel and love it, also. 

1.  Bigelow gave me a closer all around shave than Bald Guyz with 1 pass.

2.  Bald Guyz stayed more moist and less re-wetting time with great results, also.

If you put those 2 in a bag and I just reached in and grabbed one, I would be completely happy with either.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
I used the tube for the first time this morning and I agree that it was an awesome, close shave.  5 bucks was worth it.  I also use Bald Guyz shave gel and love it, also. 

1.  Bigelow gave me a closer all around shave than Bald Guyz with 1 pass.

2.  Bald Guyz stayed more moist and less re-wetting time with great results, also.

If you put those 2 in a bag and I just reached in and grabbed one, I would be completely happy with either.

Did you use a shave brush?  If not that should cure #2

Offline reb123161

• Sly
  • I like my women a little on the trashy side!
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
Gambrinus, I did this morning and you are correct!  The brush solved the moisture problem.  Bigelow is really a great product---might be the only shave cream I will now use!  Thanks for the tip, brother.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »
Not a problem.  And as for an update on the availability.  I stopped by B&BW the other day and they had large and small tubes. 

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 07:02:27 AM »
...also adds to list of "Need to try"products.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 08:23:41 AM »
...also adds to list of "Need to try"products.

Rob I would put it at the top of that list.  By far the best shaving creme I have tried to-date.  O0

Offline eric79

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 10:14:18 PM »
I just tried it out yesterday C.O Bigelow is still and B&BW and it was 5 bucks for a small tube 10 for a large one. I saw that this was an old post and I just picked up so they have it back on the shelfs. It was some really good stuff and plan to keep using it. plus the had a a buy 2 products get one free going so I stocked up.

Eric

Enter your email address: