Author Topic: Ward's Reviews - C.O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream  (Read 19023 times)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
Re: C.O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 02:05:47 AM »
Thanks for the review O0 I'll have to try this if I see it.

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
Re: C.O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »
i guess I was beat to it. This shave cream leaves your dome feeling nice and cool, especially after rinsing your head with cold
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
Re: Ward's Reviews - C.O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 04:22:55 AM »
So I decided to buy a tube of this shave cream and give it a try.  I have to say that this morning was one of the best shaves I have had to date.  I found this cream to be extremely smooth and the blade seemed as if it was on ice.  I usually use Headslick, but this product seemed to make the old HB glide over my dome easier than ever.  I used it straight out of the tube with a brush and a bowl.   I'll have to give the super-lather or the uber-lather a try.  Yipee, back to the store to buy more shaving products (as if I didn't have enough)!

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 12:05:06 PM »
Don't worry dawgfan, it's a healthy addiction  ;D

Glad you liked the shave cream!
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 09:12:09 AM »
i have used it and I do like it because it leaves my dome feeling cool
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »
I use this cream almost daily, I add this to some soap (van der hagen deluxe or glycerin) and, unless i'm out, glycerin for some uber lather. Its great by itself and is even better in the uber or super lather technique. Its a real plus I can get it locally without having to order off the net, and its as many said, a top notch cream thats very nice and luxurious. Its pretty much recomended to have a brush for this or its just not anything special and you won't get the full effect of it. Even the el cheapo Van Der Hagen one from walmart or one from sally's beauty supply or something like that

(Warning Content Below is a rant about traditional shaving)

. Theres nothing like having a nice warm lather to brush on your face in the morning after a hot shower. Its much more enjoyable and, unless you get addicted to it and get into the hobby of it, much more cost effective in the long run.  In a way it is pampering yourself and it does wonders for the skin. Sure it may take more time, but isn't your skin worth it? You only have it once... So lets review our options shall we?

A. Slaping slime out of a cold pressurized metal can on your face/head by hand to save time.

B. Getting up an extra 10-30 minutes earlier,building and applying a rich warm lather to your face/head with a brush that exfoliates, softening, and lubricating the skin thoroughly easing the hair out of the shaft a bit, and raising it up for an easier more comfortable, and depending on your technique, closer shave as well.

Be aware and consider your options gentlemen.

(End of rant)

Overall the C.O. Bigelow Cream is my daily reach for cream, but I just ordered some trumpers Violet cream, which is of the cream of the crop :) Can't wait for it to get here and try it out.
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »

Overall the C.O. Bigelow Cream is my daily reach for cream, but I just ordered some trumpers Violet cream, which is of the cream of the crop :) Can't wait for it to get here and try it out.

Hear! Hear!  The only dissention I have is that I like the Trumper Coconut Oil Shave Cream better.  O0

Dan, doesn't your local C.O. Bigelow have the Geo F. Trumper line?

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »
C.O. Bigelow is a line of shave cream carried by Bath and Body Works. So to answer your question thats no, and if you meant does B&BW carry trumpers, the answer is also no...atleast the one by me does not.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 03:52:12 AM »
C.O. Bigelow is a line of shave cream carried by Bath and Body Works. So to answer your question thats no, and if you meant does B&BW carry trumpers, the answer is also no...atleast the one by me does not.

OK, to clarify . . . here in Chicago we have C.O. Bigelow stores (I had forgotten that B&BW carry the Bigelow line).  C.O. Bigelow carrys the full C.O.B line plus lots of other men's products like the Geo F. Trumper line.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 11:01:36 AM »
Hmm I had no idea, sure wish there was one of them around here. Although I could be mistaken, I don't see the trumpers violet cream on there site, so I don't know if it would help me much. Very cool to know that though :)

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »
I bought a tube of this stuff last weekend, and I will say it is beyond awesome O0  It makes me wish I could shave more!  Love the cool feel.  Best shave ever.  I'm hooked.  I went back and bought three more tubes ( 3 for 10 bucks)

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:31 AM »
This stuff's da bomb!   ;D

Much better than HeadSlick, nice scent and cool feeling - and it doesn't clog the blades much at all!

I may give Manumission Shave Gel a try (if I can ever find a local retailer that carries it), but will always have a go-to in the form of C. O. Bigelow
MikeC

Offline Emcee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »
anyone know if they stopped carrying C.O's shaving cream at Bath & Bodyworks? gal at one near me said she thinks they stopped carrying it but didnt sound too sure. went on B&B website and it comes up out of stock  :(

any suggestions for another similar traditional shaving cream? preferably one sold in a store (will take online store suggestions too tho  :)) i do the ol uber lather routine, lookin for a good lathering cream and came up short on favorite C.O.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 05:58:20 PM »
I hope not - that would totally suck!
MikeC

Offline Emcee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »
looks like they have. rumor at this forum says theyre redoing men's line, coming back in late June / July hopefully..

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-141349.html

considering this.,

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/prshcrhu12ki.html