Author Topic: Peach fuzz  (Read 8988 times)

Offline Perry Noia

• Autodidact (Yes, that's an excuse)
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • It's awesome to be back!
Peach fuzz
« on: March 28, 2009, 07:14:44 AM »
I know I'm probably just all hormoned up and rambling here, but I feel a bit strange about the subject of facial hair. See, I'm 17 and still have yet to get out of the peach fuzz stage, while my dad, grandad, and uncle all started growing beards by the time they were 14. Scary, huh?

Well, I heard that shaving the peach fuzz might make it grow back thicker, so I've been trying that, but no such luck yet. Does this actually work?

"You're 17! What do you know?"

"I know two things, sir. One, I'm smarter than you. Two, I'm younger than you."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Peach fuzz
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »

Well, I heard that shaving the peach fuzz might make it grow back thicker, so I've been trying that, but no such luck yet. Does this actually work?

Nope.  The only  thing you can do is be patient and wait for it thicken up on its own.  Before you know it you'll be sprouting hair in places you never imagined.   ^-^

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 08:08:19 AM »
RazorX...thats when you invest in a good personal trimmer. 

Listen to him Taylor...he is right.  You will soon find it and you will be like..where the hell taht come from.  lol

Offline Perry Noia

• Autodidact (Yes, that's an excuse)
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • It's awesome to be back!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
Thanks Razor, I appreciate it. I had a feeling that didn't work! Guess time will tell, eh.
"You're 17! What do you know?"

"I know two things, sir. One, I'm smarter than you. Two, I'm younger than you."

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:39 AM »

Nope.  The only  thing you can do is be patient and wait for it thicken up on its own.  Before you know it you'll be sprouting hair in places you never imagined.   ^-^

So true, Razor.  When you get old, you start getting hair where you don't want it.  I can't remember when my facial hair kicked in, but it was a gradual process, I think.  Be patient.  You can't always look at relatives as a predictor for you, unfortunately.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »
If you are truly concerned you may want to consult a doctor. It could be as simple as a hormone imbalance. And that is something they can fix quite easily in most cases.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:40:20 AM »
Facial hair is an odd thing.  on my dad's side of the family all the men have thick beards, and I even have an uncle that has to shave twice a day because if grows that fast.  My mom's side is the opposite, the men all have thin beards and it grows slowly.  I've had a full beard since I was 16, and my older brother is 30 today actually, and still just gets the patchy bum fluff and only has to shave every 2 or 3 days.  My little brother is 23 and he shaves once a week at the most.

What shdwwlk said is true, but it also has a lot to do with your genes.  It's not the end of the world though if you don't get it.  I have just finally gone clean again after having a beard most of the time and am thankful for it being gone.  It's nice being clean shaven again too, cause now I don't get as many of the comments from people of "if only it grew as thick, full and fast on your head eh?"

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »
It's true S17! Hair will be growing from places you didn't even know you had.

I gotta' run, I have to go shave the bottoms of my feet..... :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 10:31:17 AM »
hey don't panic yet...
in october when I joined SBG, I was very concerned about not being able to grow facial hair..(i was 21, now 22). I had a good stubble look but not enough to make a beard.
I started shaving several times per week, a few short months later here a full beard is becoming more realistic by the day... my goatee area is a little behind schedule but everything else is in place..
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

marty22

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »
dont forget a pic Duff!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »
If I can grow a goat with what I've been given, then anybody can! O0

shaved

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 01:11:06 AM »
All guys are differant, some grow beards at a young age, while others never can grow a good beard, and shaving wont make hair grow back thicker etc, It takes time. I was like you i could only grow thin fuzz, but by time i was 25 yr old i could grow a decent beard,

Enter your email address: